Children’s Ministry Leader
The Children’s Ministry Leader is to provide the necessary guidance, nurturing, leadership and motivation for the Christian spiritual overseeing of the Children’s Ministry. The Leader will be under the direction of the Family Life Director (Pam Francis) and supported by the 10-member Children’s Ministry Leadership Team. The Children’s Ministry Leader is assumed to be a committed Christian, called by God to accept the challenges of this position as defined under the following job description.
1. The Children’s Ministry Leader will function under the guidance and supervision of the Family Life Director (Pam Francis). The Leader will work in conjunction with the 10-member Children’s Ministry Leadership Team to oversee the Children’s Ministry. Resource and administrative support will be provided by the Church office staff.
2. The position requires this person to have a strong Christian background rooted in the person of Jesus Christ. They are to exemplify the Church’s Christian ethics through Word and daily living, and set a positive example in the way they act, talk and dress both at work and in the community.
3. The Children’s Ministry Leader devotional life should be enhanced by spending some time each day in personal reading of the scriptures.
4. This person is to be involved in daily prayer for the elementary ministry at Trinity and for the elementary children and their families.
5. The primary Team contacts for the Children’s Ministry Leader will be the Leaders and Coordinators of the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team. The Children’s Ministry Leader may be asked to attend other Team meetings as necessary and prudent.
6. Weekly this person will be required to attend the Ministry Staff meeting, Tuesday from 10:15 a.m. – 11 a.m.; the General Staff meeting from 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.; and a meeting with the Family Life Director(Pam Francis).
7. On the 2nd Monday of each month this person will be required to attend the Children’s Ministry Team Meeting held in the evening.
8. On the 4th Monday of each month this person will be required to attend the Parish Planning Council (PPC) Team Meeting, 7:00 – 8:00 pm.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Children’s Ministry Leader’s role is to share the love, care and knowledge of Jesus Christ with the preschool and elementary children and their families of the Trinity congregation. Also included is the oversight of the ministry, supervision of all corresponding volunteers and providing spiritual and emotional care for the children and their families within the ministry. Duties include:
1. Children’s Ministry Programming – create, plan, implement, communicate and oversee - weekend classroom experience, Children’s Church, Summer programming, Lent and Holy Week, Special holiday and other sponsored Children’s events; including curriculum selection, crafts and other activities appropriate for the occasion (Transition Day to kick off Fall program), including classroom assignment layout on display for directional guidance
2. Ministry Volunteers - Recruitment, Training, Clearance & Scheduling for classroom teachers (rotation and substitutes), Children’s Church, Ministry Leadership team, and event coordinators – monitor to ensure that correct adult/child classroom ratio is met at each gathering
3. Meet, Greet & Encourage – “Go To Person” for children and parents; be relational by being a constant presence, out front getting to know children and families (Counseling, parenting concerns, Q&A, behavior, etc.)
4. First Holy Communion Instruction – Classes, Church Ceremony & Celebration (class involves 2 week night events during Fall & Spring) Registration & fee required
5. Parent/Event Communicator – share/post to the community and other Staff and Ministry Areas “Need to Know” information regarding scheduled upcoming Ministry events or end results from completed events; also to include Ministry needs (Volunteer) – (including pictures of event) email, flyers, letters, newsletter, brochure, bulletin boards, bulletin articles, Trinity Talk, pre-worship slides, website, etc.
6. Community Support – getting involved and offering support within an outreach event that lends assistance to others and meets the Children’s Ministry’s goal as well as that of Trinity’s Mission statement (Operation Christmas Child, Vacation Bible School Educational Seminars & Guest Speakers)
7. Special Events – Plan and oversee with Leadership Team and volunteers – VBS, Weekend Celebrations, Baptism, First Holy Communion, Children’s Christmas Pageant, Children’s Ministry Weekend, Family Fellowship Events, etc…
8. PAL – (Providing Additional Love) – assist and oversee special needs program to expand to be offered in conjunction with each service
1. Registration for Program Attendance – Annual registration with photo release for those attending program events – emergency contact info & allergy/medical concerns and alerts
2. Attendance & Recordkeeping – maintain, log and track ministry event results within ACS (weekend program, Holiday and special events rosters) – any families note housed within ACS are then loaded
3. Assimilation – We Miss You Cards, Get Well Cards, Thank You For Joining Us – track absences (We Miss You Cards) , first-time guests (Thank you for joining us), those out sick (Get Well Cards) - all generated labels and info from ACS
4. Program Evaluation – parent & teacher/volunteer survey regarding program, curriculum, events & activities – track responses, compile, discuss and communicate results & outcome (Changes, staying the course, etc.)
5. Supply Ordering – ensure that all items for classroom experience, events and activities are readily available and on-hand for volunteers; based on budgetary designation
6. Safety/Emergency Plan – collaborate, establish and implement (after reviewing with Management) designated Emergency Plans – document for posting and review and incorporate in volunteer/Leadership training for consistency.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
1. An annual performance review will be done by the Family Life Director with input from the Lead Pastor and Children’s Ministry Team. Applicable provisions of the employee handbook will be used as a guide along with the employee’s job description.
2. Salary increase will be based upon annual performance appraisal in compliance with the employee handbook.
3. A new employee is subject to a probationary period of three (3) months with thirty (30), ninety (90), and one hundred twenty (120) day evaluation period.
Ÿ Bachelors’ degree in education, preferably early childhood or elementary level
Ÿ Prefer a minimum of 2 years work experience with children
Ÿ Experience in developing children’s programs, preferably in children’s ministry
Ÿ Must have excellent communication skills
Ÿ Must have excellent organizational and administrative skills
Ÿ Competitive salary within a range of $28,000 - $31,000 based on experience
To apply: Forward your resume to Debbie Charbonneau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-679-4000 ext. 117.
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
1100 Philadelphia Road
Joppa, Maryland 21085
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry Director (171702)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Midwest , Wisconsin
- October 26
Children's Pastor (232310)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Georgia
- October 26
Children's PastorFirst Christian Church
- Lawrence, Kansas
- October 25
Children's Pastor/DirectorThe Church at Cedar Hills
- Beaverton, Oregon
- October 25
Preschool AssociateChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 25