This position is responsible for the overall vision, strategy, and direction of the Discipleship Ministry, which provides ministries to equip, teach, and train members to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents. Incumbents may perform other duties as assigned
- Develop, plan, and execute overall vision and strategy for the direction of the Adult Discipleship ministry at New Life Fellowship church. Focus on the spiritual growth process and assimilation objectives for the adult membership.
- Develop, train, and recruit ministry and lay volunteers to ensure all ministry areas are staffed with committed and responsible individuals dedicated to executing Discipleship objectives.
- Direct and develop the annual ministry budget; ensure appropriate fiscal responsibilities are adhered to by all volunteers; monitor expenses; work with church staff and revenue and contribution levels.
- Assist the Sr. Pastor with pastoral duties of the church such as preaching, teaching, counseling, weddings and funerals.
- Regularly communicate and interface with other Church Ministry department heads regarding Adult discipleship ministry activities.
- Responsible for development and determination of all weekly programming for the ministry including curriculum, education materials, and delivery of special programs.
- Conduct an ongoing assessment of the effectiveness of the programs within the ministry and make appropriate recommendations to the Sr. Pastor for effective changes.
- Make sure the assimilation process of the church from pre-membership, through educational programs to effective volunteerisms is effective and efficient.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of proven previous experience as a minister.
- Commitment to New Life Fellowship Statement of Faith and Mission
- Proven leadership, teaching and mentoring ability for church staff, and church members
- Proven success in leadership development and conflict/change management.
- Highly organized; self-motivated and visionary individual
- Computer proficiency in related products to utilized in the ministry
- Excellent platform skills, experienced public speaker.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and engage membership and staff in church vision and mission
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a ministry related discipline and ordination are required.
- Significant attendance or completion of seminary related training preferred.
- Employee must be able to move 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Travel to church member homes, community events and speaking engagements.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30