Global Outreach Director
Bethel church in Richland, Washington, has experienced dramatic growth over the last twenty years. Its purpose statement is simply “to make disciples.” In recent years, Bethel has utilized a multi-campus model in order to make disciples in the greater eastern Washington area.
The local growth has been paralleled by a growth in global outreach. Bethel supports 23 missionaries and sends out roughly 12-15 short term teams a year. Although the church supports many missionaries the focus is on three primary countries, two of which are in SE Asia.
The purpose statement of Bethel’s global outreach is to “Mobilize and equip Bethel’s people to make disciples, locally and globally.” We believe that the local church has the God-given mandate and resources to reach out to all the people groups of the world. To fulfill our purpose and obey Christ, we have both formed partnerships with agencies and, in certain contexts, are taking on many of the roles that agencies have traditionally done.
The global outreach ministry works closely with the local outreach ministry and with all three sites that comprise Bethel church. This high level of cooperation and organization has reaped great fruit but also requires a great deal of relational and strategic oversight.
The person that we need
At one point, the Bethel leadership came to the realization that our church had grown beyond being a church for one area and had become a church for the region and for the world. A crucial part of achieving that vision is to have the right person leading the global outreach ministry. Some key elements we believe the right person must have in order to effectively lead the ministry would be:
- Strong relational ability to relate with both overseas workers and Bethel’s people
- Strategic vision to enable Bethel to relevantly and effectively carry out Christ’s mission
- Organizationally ability and adaptability to work across a multi-site context
- Experience having lived and ministered in a cross cultural situation
Bethel Church Job Description
Position Title: Director of Global Outreach
Responsible to: Multi-site development director
Job Status: Exempt, Full-Time – 40 hours per week
Position Summary: Lead Bethel’s global outreach ministry, mobilizing and equipping Bethel’s people to effectively make disciples both locally and globally. The global outreach director will report to the senior director of outreach.
- Knowledge and understanding of Christ’s global mission
- Experience in cross cultural living and ministry
- Strong relational ability to connect with and shepherd overseas workers
- Strategically inclined to provide direction to people and programs
- Should be a member of Bethel Church, or in the process of completing membership within three months of initial employment. This includes being a faithful member of Bethel Church and holding to the membership covenant that is signed when becoming a member.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain a philosophy of global outreach that is in step with the Spirit and relevant to today’s world.
- Provide appropriate direction and pastoral support to Bethel missionaries enabling them to thrive.
- Manage staff and volunteers so as to fully utilize their gifts and abilities.
- Oversee the ministry team leaders, providing essential direction so that they can lead their teams well.
- Train the short term teams and others to serve as effective cross cultural ministers.
- Build leaders through mentoring and formal training so that they become competent mission and business leaders.
- Cooperate with the local outreach ministry to share learning and strategies.
- Develop healthy relationships with key national and expatriate partners to facilitate understanding and communication.
- Clarify pathways for people to engage in short term and long term involvement.
- Delegate and build teams so that ministry is built on a broad base of people.
- Lead the global outreach across all sites by relating with key leaders.
Bethel Church reserves the right to revise or change job responsibilities.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Outreach and Connection PastorWindy City Community Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate MinisterAlliance for Transatlantic Theological Training
- 2 Blackburne Place, Not Assigned
- November 30
Pastor of Outreach and AssimilationHobart Assembly of God
- Hobart, Indiana
- November 29