Director of Senior Adult Ministries
Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church
Part-time – 18 hours/week
Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church (GSPC) is looking for a Director of Senior Adult Ministries to join us in the adventure of ministry. The person we seek will be a growing disciple of Jesus Christ with a sense of purposefulness, enthusiasm, and commitment
to teamwork. We are looking for someone who has a heart to serve the Senior Adult community.
The Director will join with the staff team (both paid and volunteer) in the ministry of the church, and will strive to
help GSPC seniors and others Connect with God, Grow in Faith, and Serve in Love.
The Director shall effectively work with pastors, Session, staff and volunteers to further the kingdom of Jesus Christ
A. Major Responsibilities:
The Director of Senior Adult Ministries will be a colleague in ministry who is accountable to the Session of GSPC through the Staff Support Team and supervised by the Associate Pastor of Congregational Care and Spiritual Growth.
B. Essential Functions:
- Function as a team member providing vision, leadership and oversight to Senior Adult Ministries at GSPC.
- Lead monthly Senior Adult Ministry meetings
- Attend Good Shepherd staff meetings twice monthly.
- Ensure that all Senior Adult communication takes place: monthly Senior Adult newsletter, Senior Adult brochure, The Weekly, email, etc.
- Coordinate Senior Adult needs with Deacon ministries: transportation, meals, prayer chain, etc.
- Maintain community resourced lists for congregational use; maintain Homebound lists, keeping track of GSPC’s most fragile senior adults
- Oversee regular Senior Adult activities, such as monthly luncheons and day trips (speakers, RSVP’s, decorations, food)
- Oversee other Senior Adult functions such as Bridge Club, Exercise Class, Celebratory flowers in worship
- Coordinate finances, such as Senior Adult budget and assisting seniors with requests from the Senior Adult Benevolence Fund
- Faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Prior experience working with Senior Adults in a ministry setting
- Strong organizational and administrative skills. Computer savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to recruit, motivate, and work with a large volunteer base and team, delegating responsibilities.
- Communication skills: Excellent use of the verbal and written English, ability to communicate effectively with staff and senior adults, ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints from members of staff and congregation, ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility with Senior Adult programming to align with the mission of the church. Good Shepherd is in the midst of a “re-visioning process” that may require changes to our ministry programs.
- Self-starter, with the ability to follow through with minimal supervision.
- Physical Requirements: Requirements include the ability to sit at and use a computer and other office equipment, lift up to fifteen pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds rarely, be able to sit, stand and walk to participate in meetings and presentations.
The ability to climb up and down stairs. The physical ability to participate in senior adult activities.
- Posses a valid driver’s license, a reliable and insured vehicle with which, from time to time, you will transport people to and from off campus locations for ministry purposes.
- A welcoming personality toward those within and without the church.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be accepting applications until January 23, 2015. If you are sending a resume in over the Christmas and New Year's period, please be patient and someone will be in touch with
you to acknowledge its arrival after January 5th.