To provide leadership, programming expertise and operational oversight to Forest Home Family, Pastors’ and Men’s Ministries including, but not limited to, Family Camps, Father/Child, Pastors’ and Men’s Retreats. The role’s primary focus will be Family Camps.
- Designs, leads and event manage Forest Home's Family Camps, Pastors’ Father/Child and Men’s Retreats to run at maximum capacity, while providing an extraordinary guest experience.
- Develops and implements strategies for strong communication and relationship engagement with Family, Pastors’, Father/Child and Men’s’ ministry partners (group leaders/pastors), and individual guests attending conferences/retreats.
- Recruits/Hires/Trains/Directs/Shepherds/Manages (including training, supervision and evaluation) dynamic, effective and spirit-filled Family, Pastors’, Father/Child and Men’s Ministries staff and volunteers who are passionate about Sharing the Gospel and teach the Word of God.
- Teaches the Bible and design curriculum including, but not limited to: large group speaking, Bible studies and seminar teaching.
- Ensures the Gospel of Jesus Christ is presented in large and small group settings challenging campers and guests to make a decision to follow Christ.
- Works closely with Marketing, Reservations and Ministry Relations teams to develop and implement strategies resulting in attendance growth, retention, and new church/ministry partnerships.
- Directs and prepares annual and long term plans.
- Directs, prepares and manages annual budgets for Family, Pastors’, Father/Child and Men’s Ministries.
- Evaluates the ministry outcomes of the Family, Pastor’s, Father/Child & Men’s Ministries on an ongoing, systematic basis and reports these results to the Senior Director.
- Engages and places under contract America’s most renowned Bible Teachers, Family Experts, Worship Leaders/Brands, Men’s Ministry Experts, Pastors’ Leadership Experts and Christian Entertainers for Forest Home’s Family & Men’s Ministries’ events no later than March of the year prior to the event.
- Accounts for the overall safety and security procedures for Family, Pastors’, Father/Child & Men’s Ministries’ staff, guests, visitors and facilities.
- Establishes and leverage Strategic Alliances with Family, Pastor’s, Father/Child and Men’s Ministries para-church organizations.
- Actively supports and participates in Forest Home spiritual life activities.
- Creates an environment which nurtures a reliance on prayer and the study of the Word of God.
- Performs other tasks and duties, as assigned.
- Supervises Family, Pastor’s, Father Child & Men’s Ministries full-time, part-time and summer staff and contract personnel including Event Directors/Coordinators/Hosts/Counselors, etc.
- Supervises the Program support staff, as assigned.
- College degree required.
- 5-7 years of experience in Family, Pastors’, Father/Child Men’s Ministries or as Executive/Senior Pastor.
- Experience in Christian Camping or Retreat ministries a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in developing curriculum, Bible Studies and/or programs for Families, Father/Child, Men or Adult programs.
- Proficiency in large-group communication (including Biblical teaching, sharing the Gospel and inviting decisions) and hosting events.
- Experience in planning programs, administrating, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to build and effectively develop relationships and teams.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing excellent communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Available to live on grounds during summers and conferences, as needed.
- Available to work weekends.
- A self-starter.
- Able to office, full time, in the Forest Home Mill Creek Canyon offices.
- Able to handle confidential matters with excellence.
- Ability to perform high quality work.
- Strong ability to work well in a variety of team environments.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Dexter
- Dexter, Missouri
- January 19
Executive PastorArchbold Evangelical Church
- Archbold, Ohio
- January 19
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Executive Director of OperationsVictory Church
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- January 10
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life. More...