Spiritual Growth Pastor Job Description
Ground Rules for Application:
We thank you in advance. The Search Team requests that you please respect our process by following these ground rules:
1. Candidates will submit documents and communications VIA E-MAIL ONLY to
A. Cover letter
C. 3 professional references
D. Electronic example of message/sermon (could be a link)
2. Candidates will make NO individual phone calls, e-mails, or personal visits to talk with church staff, church members, or Search Team
3. Search Team will acknowledge receipt of application and send questionnaire after initial screening via E-MAIL ONLY
4. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a telephone interview is requested
5. Search Team will notify candidate when references will be contacted prior to personal interview only
6. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a visit should be scheduled for an interview
1. The Spiritual Growth pastor will recruit, lead, and train all adult life group leaders.
- They will create a systematic approach to training all new and current life group leaders on matters of discipleship and facilitating life groups
- The Spiritual Growth pastor will help create a team environment that helps life groups thrive and multiply within the body
- They will lead the life group team(s) and help them implement a successful life group strategy at each campus
- They will develop seasonal Group-Life Events that connect potential life group participants to new groups
2. The Spiritual Growth pastor will lead the creative writing team for adult life group curriculum.
- The Spiritual Growth pastor will assemble and lead teams of individuals as they write curriculums based on current preaching series
- They will oversee the process of editing and developing each series
- They will oversee training events focused on each life group series
3. The Spiritual Growth pastor will give direction to pre-school, children, and students ministries in regard to curriculum and small groups
- The Spiritual Growth pastor will meet regularly with generational ministry leaders providing feedback and direction in regard to the teaching of children and students
- They will give input in regard to training and resources used to train and equip those who work in children and student ministries
4. The Spiritual Growth pastor will oversee the assimilation process for FCC.
- They will be responsible for the NEXT environment on Sunday mornings
- The Spiritual Growth pastor and their team will be instrumental in tracking individuals who are engaged in the life and ministry of the church and assist in moving them forward
- They will coordinate and/or lead FPU, Starting Point, Spiritual Gifts, How to have a daily quiet time, How to study the bible, etc.
5. The Spiritual Growth pastor will oversee the leadership development process for FCC.
- They will feed the intern program through work with local colleges and universities as well as our own members
- The Spiritual Growth pastor will foster an environment and take steps to help those pursuing full-time vocational Christian ministry
- They will take advantage of periodic opportunities such as the Leadership Summit
They will have a proven track record of working in a setting committed to reaching the unreached, working within a community, and promoting innovation through collaboration in a large, multi-staff, and multi-site setting. They will show a high degree of
effectiveness in recruitment and retention of volunteers with outstanding leadership skills.