*** View our other open pastoral/ministry positions at http://cbchouston.org/jobs.html ***
Visit Website: http://cbchouston.org/index.html for further information of our church.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: To help the Senior Pastor in administrative and pastoral duties. To assist in the responsibilities for the overall program, ministries and administration of CBC. To be the liaison for the Senior Pastor to all the leadership
committees of CBC.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS:A born again believer who has put his/her faith in Christ Jesus as his/her personal Savior and show evidence of a maturing faith; some Seminary Training or a Seminary Degree; 5 years' experience in high level pastoral
ministries; accepts/follows SBC doctrines and CBC Statement of Faith; lives a godly lifestyle; has good verbal/written communication skills; has a caring attitude with strong interpersonal relationship skills; has the ability to lead and direct a lay staff
while maintaining a strong teamwork atmosphere; have a servant's heart; has a heart for God and the church; has a genuine concern for the unsaved; a prayerful heart; and be willing to work nonstandard hours on an occasional basis.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in developing, implementing and managing the vision and goals for CBC and the ministries of CBC.
- Meeting regularly with the Senior Pastor to clarify vision, mission and goals.
- Provide regular communication between the Senior Pastor and church leadership and committee chairs.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and facilitate in developing, managing and training staff and ministry leaders.
- Work with and supervise the staff to envision, develop, implement and manage new ministries.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating the process regularly.
- Be regularly involved in the various ministries including preaching, teaching, training, prayer, evangelism and missions.
- Develop operational processes and procedures to be implemented in the church office and the various ministries.
- Assist committee chairs and leadership in envisioning, recommending and developing visions and goals, immediate and long term, for various ministries and committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.