Gateway Church is seeking a Worship Arts Director who can lead our people in a
modern worship experience that is pleasing to God, speaks to the heart and is attractive to the unchurched. Our new director should have demonstrated effectiveness in leading worship, building an excellent
ministry team, working with leadership and providing administrative oversight of all aspects of our music and worship life including other music-based events, budget matters and training up musicians. Our new director should be able to subscribe to the “essentials”
of the E.P.C church denomination.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Engage our people in worship during all services, focusing on the holiness, glory, power, and majesty of God (Revelation 4).
- Lead our people in acts of worship that are pleasing to God, speak to the heart and are attractive to the unchurched.
- Lead our people in a modern worship experience that maintains significant continuity with our present style and feel.
- Develop a dynamic team of individuals who both utilize and refine their gifts.
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of all worship activities, including effective administration through a balance of planning, following-through, delegation, communication and financial accountability. Manage, budget and oversee administrative
- Serve as an effective contributing member of the pastoral team to complement the overall ministry vision of Gateway Church, while being accountable to the Senior Pastor and Elders.
- Train, support and disciple those involved in the worship ministry. Encourage Life Group involvement, accountability and intimacy with God. Encourage the congregation through Scripture and music so that the congregation will incorporate praise and worship
into their daily lives.
- Plan worship services with the teaching pastors in the collaborative context of the ministry team.
- Establish ministry goals, evaluate their effectiveness regularly and adjust as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and Elders.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and the salaries of comparable churches.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Degree in music preferred