Are you called to serve in South Florida?
The Journey is a young, aggressive, outwardly-focused church in Boca Raton, FL.
The Journey consistently has over 300 adults attending weekend services and expects continued growth.
We are looking for a young, aggressive guy who is ready to live in South Florida, work hard, grow as a pastor and leader in this important role on our staff and make a tremendous difference for Jesus Christ in one of the most beautiful and unchurched cities in the country!
This role is ideal for someone just out of school/seminary who has the gift of teaching and wants to develop as a minister and grow with the church. This is a key position with the potential to move to executive staff level in time.
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected in the church and challenging them to grow in their faith?
Do you believe that every believer has spiritual gifts that could serve the church and are you passionate about seeing people mobilized to serve the church and God's kingdom?
Can you work with our team to increase the number of people serving in ministry, improve our care/follow-up to new believers and create systems that see ever more people taking the step to be baptized and becoming members of the church?
Do you enjoy recruiting volunteers and working with them to create a great environment on Sundays for everyone who attends - especially first time guests?
Are you passionate about follow-up and seeing people assimilated into the church (from first-time guests to fully developed followers of Jesus)?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of ministry and of 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference with the people of South Florida that make up the Journey Church.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of The Journey’s ministry and volunteer systems - with the goal of getting 50% of Sunday attendance involved in meaningful ministry on a weekly basis.
- Leading The Journey's Assimilation System in moving first time guests to becoming fully developing members. This includes the Sunday experience, follow-up to first time guests and next step decisions, new believer follow-up and care, leading people to take the step of baptism and then to attend Membership Class and beyond.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate.
- An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- Organizational and administrative skills are a must. Must have a high attention to detail.
- Must be extremely hard-working and bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the table.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A Solid Calling to South Florida
- Familiarity with Founding Pastor Nelson Searcy's books "Fusion" and “Connect”
- The ability to manage a large and growing Ministry & Volunteer System
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to communicate, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for helping people take spiritual next steps
- A desire to not let anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Have you read the books “Fusion: Turning First Time Guests into Fully Engaged Members of Your Church” and “Connect: How to Double Your Number of Volunteers“ by Journey Lead Pastor Nelson Searcy?
(3) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to South Florida?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
Sorry - contacting the church in other ways shows that you can't follow instructions and your resume will not be considered. Ha! (but true).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
Associate MinisterAlliance for Transatlantic Theological Training
- 2 Blackburne Place, Not Assigned
- November 30
The Journey Church
Lead Pastor Jason Hatley and his wife Karen moved to Boca Raton in the summer of 2010 to start The Journey Church.
Jason served as a pastor of The Journey Church in Manhattan for nearly a decade prior to feeling called to start The Journey’s newest location here in South Florida.
In September 2010, The Journey held its first monthly service with 169 people in attendance. The Journey met monthly through February 2011, growing steadily, serving the community and sharing Christ with the people More...