Discipleship and Teaching Pastor | Genesis Church, Tallahassee, FL
Genesis Church in Tallahassee, FL is conducting a search for a full time Discipleship and Teaching Pastor. Tallahassee is the capital city of Florida and is one of the best college towns in America, home to Florida State University and Florida
A&M. Tallahassee is in the middle of a city-wide revitalization process bringing many new businesses, restaurants, and cultural centers to the capital which is opening doors for Genesis Church to care for this growing city like never before! It is a great
place to live and raise a family while serving in ministry.
Genesis Church is pastored by Scott Hunter. After a successful, healthy succession from his brother’s leadership, who Scott was with from the beginning, he has spent the last two years coming into his own senior-leadership skin. Genesis is poised
like never before for growth and is looking for a strong, level 5-type leader to help move the church into the next phase of city-wide and Kingdom influence.
The Genesis Vision...
Genesis Church exists to care and love for Greater Tallahassee by cultivating authentic environments where all people can grow in a dynamic relationship with God and build healthy friendships with others. Our passion is to teach the Gospel of Jesus
Christ and to equip believers for ministry wherever they go.
The Genesis Mission…
For all people to Know Christ and Make Him Known as we care for our community, city and world.
The Genesis Core Values...
- Love God Wholeheartedly | Having an authentic relationship with Jesus both personally and corporately.
- Teach the Truth | Teaching biblical core beliefs applicable for everyday life.
- Equip to Tell | Equipping people with tools and practices for sharing the Gospel.
- Give Generously | Giving of resources to build God’s kingdom.
- Foster Friendships | Facilitating healthy, vibrant, biblical relationships.
- Serve Passionately | Loving others through giving our lives away.
The Genesis Discipleship Strategy…
Connectivity | Connecting people to God
Community | Connecting people to people
Compassion | Serving God by serving others
Discipleship and Teaching Pastor Ministry Description:
The Discipleship and Teaching Pastor is an executive level position. The candidate will be on the lead teaching team and be responsible to teach the Genesis weekend experience 12-18 times a year, as well as lead and provide oversight of the discipleship
strategy including: gGroups (small groups), gTeams (volunteers), gSchool (discipleship track), and gTrips (mission trips). As a volunteer-heavy culture, the Discipleship and Teaching Pastor must be able to effectively lead unpaid and paid leaders in each area
Dynamic relationship with Jesus
Be a high capacity leader
Possess a personal vitality and overall wellness
Be a synergist who does team-based ministry well
Show a chemistry with existing staff and team members
Ability to work within a systems-based ministry model
Be flexible, teachable and collaborative in ministry approach
Possess great interpersonal skills
Biblical IQ and love for the Gospel
Effective communicator and teacher
Charismatic personality with ability to gather people
Ability to recruit and build teams
Passion for the whole family discipleship process
Strong fiscal manager both personally and professionally
Graphic design and tech skills preferred
Bachelor degree | Masters preferred
Experience in a full time position at a church of 500+
- Teaching Team | Speak 12-18 Genesis-weekend experiences per year
- Lead and Manage Discipleship Strategy
- Guide Genesis Discipleship Vision (3C: Connectivity, Community, Compassion)
- Grow and expand each area of ministry responsibility
- Manage paid personnel and interns
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders
- Recruit, train and build volunteer teams
The hiring process for the above position is being managed by GO Network. Please send the following items to email@example.com:
- Links to two sample messages
- 5 personal references including name, title, phone and email
- Cover letter and resume
- Take and send results from the Synergist Survey on PredictableSuccess.com
- Optional: Send copy of results from any personality or strength-finder surveys
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.