*** View our other open ministry positions at
Visit our Church Website: http://cbchouston.org/index.html for further information of our church.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: To coordinate office functions and duties, and periodically provide facilities coordination.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: A born again believer who has put his/her faith in Christ Jesus as his/her personal Savior and show evidence of a maturing faith; lives a godly lifestyle; has good verbal/written communication skills; committed attitude
towards strong interpersonal relationships and teambuilding; proficient in Word, Excel, and willing to learn and interact with the payroll system; ability to move and lift objects; proficient knowledge of OSHA and ADA requirements; proficient in building and
fire codes; excellent organization skills and ability to order and systemize tasks; strong time management skills.
Procurement and supply management
- Manage vendors including procurement, delivery, logistics, accounts payable and contracts
- Maintain relationships, maintain vendor form and contracts, pay invoices
- Maintain vendor and payment records
- Maintain vehicle inspection, registration and insurance
Manage payroll and tax activities
- Compute bi-weekly payroll, review time sheets of staff and contractors and process and issue checks.
- Complete new employee paperwork and benefits
- Coordinate and manage completion of tax forms 941, W-4, I-9, 1099, etc.
Coordinate church events
- Maintain calendars and reservations
- Ensure access, equipment, air conditioning is set up for the events
- Communicate information, updates and news to staff, between staff and congregation
- Act as liaison between CBC office and members
- Respond to and initiate emails, phone calls, meetings to facility communication and response to inquiries.
- Communicate and develop positive relationships with local community
- Update church bulletin with weekly announcements including coordinating information with Church Secretary
Facilities coordination (periodically)
- Inspect facilities, grounds, parking and equipment for any malfunctions, dangers, repair needs, upgrades, etc. Solve facilities problems found upon inspection and those identified by CBC staff and members.
- Ensure ADA and OSHA requirements are met
- Ensure fire and building codes are met
- Maintain church vehicles
Manage office schedule (periodically)
- Coordinate the schedules of staff employees (full and part-time)
- Maintain work and PTO records
- Process benefits and BG checks
- Maintain employee handbook/rules, administrative policies and procedures, etc.
Perform other duties as necessary within CBC Office.
Note: No relocation reimbursement will be available.