*** View our other open ministry positions at http://cbchouston.org/jobs.html ***
Visit our Church Website: http://cbchouston.org/index.html for further information of our church.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: To coordinate office functions and duties, and periodically provide facilities coordination.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: A born again believer who has put his/her faith in Christ Jesus as his/her personal Savior and show evidence of a maturing faith; lives a godly lifestyle; has good verbal/written communication skills; committed attitude towards strong interpersonal relationships and teambuilding; proficient in Word, Excel, and willing to learn and interact with the payroll system; ability to move and lift objects; proficient knowledge of OSHA and ADA requirements; proficient in building and fire codes; excellent organization skills and ability to order and systemize tasks; strong time management skills.
Procurement and supply management
- Manage vendors including procurement, delivery, logistics, accounts payable and contracts
- Maintain relationships, maintain vendor form and contracts, pay invoices
- Maintain vendor and payment records
- Maintain vehicle inspection, registration and insurance
Manage payroll and tax activities
- Compute bi-weekly payroll, review time sheets of staff and contractors and process and issue checks.
- Complete new employee paperwork and benefits
- Coordinate and manage completion of tax forms 941, W-4, I-9, 1099, etc.
Coordinate church events
- Maintain calendars and reservations
- Ensure access, equipment, air conditioning is set up for the events
- Communicate information, updates and news to staff, between staff and congregation
- Act as liaison between CBC office and members
- Respond to and initiate emails, phone calls, meetings to facility communication and response to inquiries.
- Communicate and develop positive relationships with local community
- Update church bulletin with weekly announcements including coordinating information with Church Secretary
Facilities coordination (periodically)
- Inspect facilities, grounds, parking and equipment for any malfunctions, dangers, repair needs, upgrades, etc. Solve facilities problems found upon inspection and those identified by CBC staff and members.
- Ensure ADA and OSHA requirements are met
- Ensure fire and building codes are met
- Maintain church vehicles
Manage office schedule (periodically)
- Coordinate the schedules of staff employees (full and part-time)
- Maintain work and PTO records
- Process benefits and BG checks
- Maintain employee handbook/rules, administrative policies and procedures, etc.
Perform other duties as necessary within CBC Office.
Note: No relocation reimbursement will be available.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of AdministrationTrinity Evangelical Free Church
- South Bend, Indiana
- October 27
Executive Pastor (#12140)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA South , Texas
- October 27
Finance ManagerNew Life Community Church
- Peoria, Arizona
- October 25
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Chinese Baptist Church Houston
We are a Southern Baptist church, with three congregations - English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Although these three congregations are separate, we are still united as one church and share the same burden to minister to those God places around us. The Bible is the core of our teaching and preaching. It is one way in which God has revealed Himself to us. It speaks as powerfully today as it has for centuries, providing hope and practical guidance for our daily living. More...