The primary purpose of this role is to provide leadership and vision to the student ministries at Harvest, while aligning that vision with the overall vision of the church. This position oversees High School Ministry (HSM) and Junior High Ministry (JHM),
and provides the teaching in both ministries, while also carrying out pastoral roles within the larger church.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop adult leaders to do the work of the ministry in HSM and JHM.
- Teach God’s Word in a relevant and dynamic manner.
- Provide parenting partnerships between the ministry and homes so that discipleship can take place outside of church.
- Engage with youth culture.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate weekly ministries as well as camps and mission trips.
- Be available to walk through difficult seasons with families and provide counseling.
- Work with admin staff to communicate ministry announcements and achievements.
- Manage the ministry budgets and operate within the defined financial parameters.
- Train, equip, and develop ministry structures for growth.
Professional Skills & Experience Required:
Member, or willing to pursue membership, at Harvest Bible Chapel Naperville. At least one year of full-time ministry experience required, preferably in youth ministry. Strong leader with proven ability to cast vision and plan, develop, coordinate, manage
and implement youth ministry. Must demonstrate the ability to teach the Word of God in a way that is relevant to youth. Excellent written and verbal communication, conflict management, and computer skills required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree or formal biblical training preferred.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply through this site. Applications received to any other email address will not be accepted.