Hamilton Mill United Methodist Church (www.hmumc.org
) is a young and rapidly growing church in the suburbs north of Atlanta—an area known for its excellent schools and nationally recognized park systems
for running, walking, and family leisure.
HMUMC is seeking a full-time Director of Middle School Ministries to lead the student ministry by encouraging, equipping, and empowering middle school students (6th-8th grade) to grow as disciples who lead others to Jesus Christ, by nurturing a sense of
clear Christian identity in students, and by teaching and supporting parents to do the same. This person will join a team of dedicated volunteers and student ministry staff, led by the Director of Student Ministries, to implement a vision and long-term goals
for the student ministry.
A strength of the student ministry is the relationships that make up the community through a strong small group ministry that students and small group leaders find valuable, life-giving and deeply personal. One result from these relationships is the spiritual
depth of the students. Students grow through worship, small groups, large group teaching, service, and retreats. The student ministry isn’t interested in merely making converts. Instead, it is focused on making fully devoted disciples of Jesus.
HMUMC has partnered with Ministry Architects for the past year to put sustainable systems in place. A Student Ministry Design Team works alongside the student ministry staff to implement the strategic, long-term vision. In one year, structures and processes
to support ministry have been established in the following areas: communication, attendance and reporting, guest integration and assimilation, volunteer recruitment and development including results-based job descriptions, a parent ministry, a seven year curriculum
to illustrate the spiritual development each student will receive during their time with Hamilton Mill Student Ministries, compliance policies, and control documents.
The responsibilities of this position are:
- Ensuring relationships are built between the student ministry volunteers, the students, and their families by shepherding them and helping them develop their own relationship with Jesus Christ with an emphasis on the Middle School Ministry
- Coordinating and supervising of part-time student ministry staff, interns and hands-on adult volunteers
- Creating an atmosphere of belonging and fellowship where emerging spiritual and leadership skills can be developed, specifically through teaching and coordinating the Middle School large group teaching times and small groups
- Assisting in the implementation student ministry programs including Sunday morning worship, small groups, Wednesday night worship, outreach projects and special events
- Assisting in the integration of student ministry into the life of the congregation in which students are serving in leadership roles so that there is cohesion and connection with the rest of the church
Qualified candidates should be strong in relationship building, communication, administration, ministering to parents, and team building. Ideal candidates also have a proven track record of success in empowering, developing and equipping volunteers. Finally,
this person should be theologically aligned with HMUMC and exhibit professionalism.
Resumes along with cover letters should be submitted to email@example.com.