Finance & Administration Director
Village Church of Gurnee
The Finance & Administration Director will lead and be responsible for all financial and accounting processes and practices within the church. This leader will ensure that all financial practices are fully aligned with the purpose, strategy and vision of Village Church, and that all related activities are performed in a manner which both supports the full ministry spectrum of the church but also ensures exceptional compliance and alignment with the tenants of sound stewardship and Christian values. This leader will also work with the Ministry Leadership Team in the supervision of the Administrative Assistants, Purchasing Assistant, and Receptionists; and for coordination of their work for ministry projects.
- Evidence of a vital and mature relationship with Jesus Christ; visible passion for God; exhibits exemplary Christian character, including being a role mode. Ability to maintain a commitment without reservation to the doctrinal and ethical beliefs of Village Church
2. Shall become an official member of Village Church and abide by all the by-laws of the church
3. Heart for ministry, visible commitment to build the kingdom of God; a sense of God’s call to ministry
4. Spirit of humility and servant leadership; demonstrates godly wisdom
5. Ability to give leadership, direction, and vision to develop necessary ministries; ability to build ministry teams to give corporate leadership in these areas
6. Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to recruit others to help accomplish a vision
7. Holds to a ministry philosophy compatible with the ministry philosophy of Village Church of Gurnee
8. Superior administrative and organizational skills; strong problem solving, communication and conflict resolution skills
1. A minimum of seven years of experience with financial operations, ideally across all phases of the function.
2. Degree in a related field of study
3. Experience leading others and working effectively with individuals and teams
4. Proven ability to work effectively with a variety of constituents, including congregants (if applicable) auditors, committees, banking and industry contacts, etc.
5. Proficient with Microsoft Excel and able to create ad hoc reports for financial analysis
1. Responsible for all financial processes within the church, including budgeting, forecasting, year-end processes, accounts payable/receivable, project expense management, reconciliations, bookkeeping, audits, giving reporting, etc.
2. Manages banking and handles all ACS financial practices
3. Ensures thorough and timely administration, sound financial stewardship, and clear communication in all matters related to this position and this area of operation
4. Manages the counters, counting process, and all aspects of congregational giving and recordkeeping
5. Reviews monthly and year-end financial statements and verifies banking accuracy
6. Manages quarterly forecast processes and summarizes as appropriate. Ensures all internal departments are informed and in alignment.
7. Manages and executes Executive Committee (EC) financial decisions as directed by the Treasurer
8. Member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), providing financial insight and focus in decision-making
9. Leader of the Business Leadership Team (BLT) and member of the Ministry Leadership Team (MLT), participating in meetings accordingly
10. Member of Congregational Care Committee, handling initial contacts and the in-take process
11. Liaison between the congregation and church leadership, handling non-ministry related issues that arise while managing all relationships appropriately.
12. Responsible for the Facilities organization as well as Safety compliance
13. Work with auditors to ensure sound and compliant accounting principles are in place throughout the operation
14. Provides general support and leads special projects as necessary
15. Responsible for ensuring sound investments of church funds
16. Signs all contracts between the church and outside entities, ensuring proper and timely preparation.
17. Work with church Treasurer and all budget holders to ensure overall budget parameters are met
18. Effectively manage and lead all direct reports, ensuring proper communication and personal development is taking place
19. Handles funeral planning and preparation along with the assistance of the Financial Coordinator
1. The Finance & Administration Director will report directly to the Senior Pastor - and is ultimately accountable to the Senior Leadership Team and the Elder Board.
2. The Finance & Administration Director will lead and manage the Financial Coordinator, Facility Manager, and Safety Director while being a support and resource on financial matters to all Village Church employees.
3. The Finance & Administration Director will conduct himself/herself in a way that is supportive of, and cooperative with, other Village Church employees and lay leadership.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
May also occasionally need to lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential job duties.
Please submit your application and resume to Tina Jacobsen, Human Resources Director, via mail (1319 N. Hunt Club Rd, Gurnee, IL 60031), fax (847-244-6647), or email (email@example.com). Application is available at www.vcgurnee.org/employment.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- December 7
Ravi Zacharias Ministry International - Director of MarketingChurchology Staffing
- Norcross, Georgia
- December 7
Stewardship DirectorMid-Cities Community Church
- Midland, Texas
- December 7
ControllerFaith Community United Methodist Church
- West Chester, Ohio
- December 2
Director of OperationsPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1