At Connections Church we seek to build relationships that change things. And we do just that. Since 2004, we've been building relationships and seeking God together- skeptics, doubters, new believers, and mature disciples- all of us together, learning to follow Jesus and growing in our love for God, our local neighbors, and the world around us.
We are a non-denominational, Christian community full of people from a diverse range of faith backgrounds. We honor the uniqueness of each individual's journey with God while also valuing the importance of being on this journey together. We create space for questions. We believe in the power of story. We lean into challenge. We offer hope to the broken. And we want you to be a part of the incredible work God is doing in our community.
The Worship Leader at Connections is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people. He/She would provide overall worship team leadership and coordination to enable a meaningful and uplifting worship experience that partners with the teaching at our weekly gatherings. There are currently two gatherings each Sunday morning which provide a contemporary worship experience with a full band.
Connections is looking for a person to lead our Worship Ministry through the following:
- In coordination with the Senior Pastor, plans the worship experience for each gathering including the music selection and arrangement.
- Leads worship 75% of the time or more.
- Develops a music ministry team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of Christian family among all the musicians and support team. Leads the team in spiritual development and support for each other as disciples of Christ working together to lead His people in worship.
- Recruits, develops, mentors and retains instrumental and vocal members for the worship team.
- Coordinates the scheduling of worship team members and worship leaders.
- Coordinates and leads worship team rehearsals including arranging music as necessary to fit the band.
- Works as a team with the Sr. Pastor, Family Pastor and volunteer leaders to enable Connections to fulfill the overall mission God has given us.
- Administrative coordination of the Worship Team, Sound Team and Visual Arts Team:
- Chord charts and demo tracks
- CCLI info
- Coordination of announcements and flows for the worship gatherings
- Budget and expense management
- Sound and visual equipment maintenance and upgrades
- Recruits, develops, trains and retains sound and visual arts teams
Qualifications and attributes:
- A spiritually and emotionally mature person prepared to provide leadership with integrity through their example of ongoing spiritual growth and devotion to Jesus Christ and His church.
- Facilitative leadership skills that result in a highly committed, energized and empowered worship team focused on worshiping God first and foremost.
- A teachable spirit, a servant mindset and a willingness to work as part of a ministry team under the leadership of the Senior Pastor.
- A gifted musician and leader with a heart for worship and ability to create an authentic worship experience.
- Vocally proficient.
- Instrumental proficiency in guitar or keyboard preferred.
- A friendly, energetic personality.
- The ability to plan, submit and work within a ministry budget.
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience leading worship teams is required.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Worship ArtsCalvary Community Church
- Manteca, California
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
We are community of unpretentious, average people trying to follow Jesus in the midst of our everyday lives. We feel called to build relationships with God, each other and the world that God might use to change things. More...