The Associate Pastor / Music and Worship is responsible for the planning, development, promotion, execution and evaluation of the total music and worship ministries of the church.
Duties for the Development of the Music and Worship Ministries
1. Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive music ministry. This includes choral, drama, and orchestral areas.
2. Coordinate the music ministry with the church calendar and emphases of the church as scheduled through the Church Council.
3. Assist the Senior Pastor in planning and leading of all worship services. The responsibilities of the
Associate Pastor / Music and Worship include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Communicate the contents of the service with the various worship teams.
b. Select the music.
c. Lead congregational singing.
4. Compile worship order for worship bulletins.
5. Be responsible for enlistment of music and worship leaders, as well as their direction and training.
6. Be responsible for rehearsals of all music groups.
7. Develop and coordinate promotions to encourage church members in the participation in all church music and drama programs.
8. Secure praise teams for praise and worship as needed.
9. Oversee the technical ministries of the church, including sound, light, and video ministry areas.
10. Enlist and supervise all church instrumentalists.
11. Supervise maintenance of and additions to music library and equipment
12. Provide musical materials, supplies, instruments and other music equipment for use in the music ministry.
1. Prepare recommendations to the Stewardship Committee for church-wide music ministries.
2. Coordinate with ministerial staff the use of resources, equipment, supplies, and space in all church music ministry activities.
3. Maintain communications among leaders and volunteers in the music and worship ministries of the church and with the congregation as a whole regarding the church music and worship ministries.
Share in the Pastoral Responsibilities as directed by the Pastor
1. Be available for counseling especially to those who are involved in the music and worship ministries.
2. Share in the prospect and member visitation program of the church.
3. Share in making hospital and homebound member visits on a rotating basis with other ministerial staff members as directed by the Senior Pastor.
4. Perform other duties as assigned under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.