ASSOCIATE PASTOR / CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
WORK HOURS FOR POSITION:
Average of 40 hours per week including on-site visibility on Sundays, Wednesday evenings and special children’s events.
The Associate Pastor / Children and Families is responsible for the development, promotion, and execution of the children’s ministry. The Associate Pastor / Children and Families will work with the pastor, staff, enlisted workers and parents to develop, implement, and lead a ministry for children (birth through 5th grade) and their families that educates and leads children to know Jesus Christ and their Lord and that supports the family unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Develop a program of Children’s Ministry
1. Oversee all ministry activities and provide leadership to all volunteers who work with preschool and children, enhancing the various preschool and children’s ministries (Bible study, missions, music, fellowship, summer ministry activities, etc.).
2. Enlist workers and train them in a program for pre-school and children’s ministry.
3. Work with the Preschool Ministry Coordinator and the Children’s Ministry Coordinator as well as the appropriate ministry teams in order to:
a. Design and implement strategies for ministering to all children and their families in our community.
b. Evaluate and administer pre-school and children’s activities.
c. Give direction in improving learning environment for pre-school and children’s programs.
4. Serve with Pre-School Ministry coordinator in the Pre-School area.
a. Assist Pre-School council in enlisting and training extended session workers.
b. Supervise the designing of quarterly calendars for extended session volunteers.
5. Serve with Children’s Ministry coordinator in the children’s area.
6. Work with the Associate Pastor to Students to ensure a smooth transition for children in fifth grade promoting to the student ministry.
7. Ensure a safe environment for all children, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Maintain and supervise system of security in all pre-school and children’s programs.
8. Be available to greet people in Children’s Ministry areas on Sunday morning.
9. Be available to assist Children’s Ministry Sunday workers.
10. Direct and advise in the planning of special events s as scheduled through Church Council, including Vacation Bible School, Halloween alternative, etc.
11. Coordinate and cooperate with appropriate church staff in encouraging the interaction of the children’s ministry in all programs of the Church.
12. Oversee maintenance of Children’s Ministry Resource Rooms.
13. Choose and prepare curriculum for each age level.
14. Serve as a spiritual role model. Model a healthy church and family life by maintaining appropriate spiritual discipline and balance in personal, family, work and community life.
15. Create environments and activities for each age group that facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
Administrative Duties for Children’s Ministries
1. Prepare, in cooperation with any committees involved, budget recommendations to the Stewardship Committee.
2. Coordinate with appropriate church staff in the use of materials, equipment, supplies, and space needed by children in all church program activities.
3. Maintain communications among children’s parents and leaders and to the church as a whole regarding the children’s ministry program through available mediums.
4. Coordinate and cooperate with other members of the church staff, the Pre-School council and Children’s Ministry Team in provide childcare for church programs.
Pastoral Responsibilities as directed by the Senior Pastor
1. Be available for ministerial counseling, especially to those who are involved in the preschool and children’s ministries.
2. Share in the prospect and member visitation programs of the church.
3. Share in making hospital visits and homebound member visits on a rotating basis with other ministerial staff members as directed by the Senior Pastor.
4. Perform other duties as assigned under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Love for children and families
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
- lakeland, Florida
- January 18
Children's Ministry DirectorNew Life Bible Fellowship
- Tucson, Arizona
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17