Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries
Date Posted: December 8, 2014
Church Size: 600
Job type: Part-time
About the church:
Valley Church is an independent, non-denominational church in the heart of Silicon Valley, not far from Apple Computer and many other leading technology companies. Our attractive campus is situated in a huge population area, brimming with
people from every part of the world. Valley Church exists to make disciples who know God, are becoming like Christ, and are working to make Him known in Silicon Valley and beyond. Both traditional and contemporary worship services are offered at Valley Church.
We seek an individual who excels in connecting with kids and conveying God’s truths and attributes through creative programming, song-leading and storytelling. This person will join our team as we journey through ‘Adventure Valley,’ thoroughly
equipping the young servant of God for every good work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries will work closely with the Director of Children’s Ministries to create and maintain a vibrant and compelling worship and learning environment for believing and unbelieving elementary students at Valley Church.
Recruit, train and oversee a team of volunteers to help accomplish the strategy and plans for the above area
Coordinate Sunday morning activities
Provide for effective large group and small group experiences
Coordinate members of a worship team, storytelling team and puppet team
Communicate effectively with other staff, leaders, parents and children
Encourage and challenge leaders in their ministry
Promote spiritual growth and unity among team members and class members
- A born-again believer who exhibits a love for God and a Christ-like spirit. These qualities will be evidenced in their personal life, family relationships and ministry. They nurture their inner self through a disciplined life of daily fellowship with
God in prayer and Bible study.
- Exhibits a love and passion for children and their families.
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations is critical, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems is important.
- The ability to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels of people, conveying a genuine concern for their needs and a desire to provide exceptional service, is essential for this position.
- The ideal candidate will be teachable, creative, detail-oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and motivate others.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Louise Winsor, Director of Children’s Ministries, firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you are interested in this position and how you can use your skills to shape young disciples. Questions may be directed to