First Covenant Church Salina, KS
Pastor of Connections
It is the mission of First Covenant Church to grow deeper in Christ and further in mission.
An Overview of First Covenant Church:
God has been at work in First Covenant Church in exciting ways – especially the last 30 years. FCC was birthed in 1878 and is a member church of the Evangelical Covenant Church, a missional evangelical denomination. For its first 100 years, FCC was a faithful
congregation of about 200 people in attendance. The last 35 years the church has seen steady missional growth to close to 1000 in attendance.
10 years ago the church outgrew its building, purchased 35 acres and built a dynamic contemporary facility for ministry. The Lord has continued to bring missional growth and a year ago the church expanded by building a new Life Center – a beautiful mixed
usage facility that includes a 2nd worship space, a café style commons area and full size gym. The new space is intended for use by the church and by the greater community.
First Covenant values creating a warm, inviting and relevant church community. We have an outstanding music ministry, thriving children and youth ministries, healthy spiritual formation opportunities and a strong missional presence in the community and
Salina has a population of about 50,000 and is a regional center for medical services, shopping, recreation, and entertainment. Salina is frequently described by its residents as “not too big and not too small” with a healthy blend of local, regional and
national businesses that add to the quality of life that exists because of low crime rates and high performing schools – in addition to a lower cost of living. Multiple times, Salina has been named by Business Week Magazine as “The Best Place in Kansas to
Raise a Family.”
We believe that God has our church primed for continued missional impact in our community as we seek “to go deeper in Christ and further in mission.” We need a leader who is passionate about creating ministry teams and a culture that assist the journey
of a first-time guest until they are connected in small group experiences that emphasize spiritual growth, relational health, and opportunities to serve in God’s Kingdom.
General Job Description:
As we seek to grow deeper and reach further, we are looking for a pastor to join our team in the role of Pastor of Connections. We believe that compelling community, where people build authentic relationships, provides the best atmosphere for encouraging
people to go deeper in Christ and further in mission.
This person will have proven experience in the following areas:
- Able to identify and develop leaders
- Competence in equipping others to do ministry
- Adept at casting and communicating compelling vision
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and relational IQ
- Effective teaching and communication skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Operational and process oriented; able to modify systems and processes that facilitate assimilation and spiritual growth
- High Energy
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Effectively identify, equip, and lead staff and volunteers in our Connections and Life Group ministries.
- Develop systems and leaders to connect people in authentic Christian community that encourages life transformation in Christ and missional service.
- Provide vision and leadership for church-wide connecting events and strategize new opportunities to promote building community.
- Perform additional pastoral duties as determined by gifts, needs and interests.
- Develop a 2nd level Connections ministry team in the 1st year that helps every ministry of FCC develop strategies to connect people into the life and mission of FCC.
- Increase our 1st time guest retention rate from 15% to 25% by the end of 2nd year.
- Develop leadership recruitment strategy and training program in the 1st 6 months to sustain Life Group multiplication.
- Grow the Life Group ministry from 30 groups/300 adults to 45 groups/450 adults by the end of 2nd year.
Works closely with:
- Executive Pastor
- Ministry Staff
- Connections Ministry Leaders
- Life Group Leaders
- Board of Christian Education
Desired Spiritual Gifts:
Education and Experience:
- a graduate seminary degree is preferred (M.Div. or MA in Christian Ed., or related degree).
- Candidate should have 3-5 years of experience in a full-time ministry setting where the above qualifications have been demonstrated and proven.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org