The Director of Information Systems is responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks, as well as systems and procedures to help our staff work effectively. This hands-on position also leads a small team that serves our staff’s technology needs to facilitate these and other church offerings as well as the daily business of the church. HPUMC is one of the largest United Methodist churches in the country, with over 14,000 members. Our staff of over 200 supports 5 different types of weekly worship services (11 services total) in 2 separate locations, a year-round day care/preschool program serving 230 children, a large variety of programs, events, classes and small-group meetings throughout the week, and large children’s and youth programs.
HPUMC offers competitive pay and benefits, a generous holiday schedule, a fitness facility, free garage parking, and a fun, collaborative and supportive environment where your work is appreciated!
SCOPE: This position supports HPUMC staff with reliable, up-to-date and cost-effective computer and phone technology. The Director of Information Systems manages and provides hardware and software maintenance, training and consultation, and recommendations about future planning and development of resources. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure maximum access to and implementation of technology services and resources.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for computer systems operations and development
- Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Control the computer systems budgets and expenditures
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software
Overseeing the following functions:
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system
- Monitor and maintain servers, VoIP telephone systems, and network infrastructure
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
- Provide individual training and support on request
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
- Research current and potential resources and services
- Provide network access to all staff
- Configure and install workstations
- Monitor security of all technology
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
- Perform other related duties as required during working hours
Usual working hours:
- Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
WE REQUIRE a Christian committed to living a life that reflects the Gospel, who is comfortable working in a United Methodist Church environment, with the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and at least 3 years professional experience in a hands-on environment, or, if no degree, 10 years professional experience in the IT field.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
- Advanced experience supporting PC and Mac computers, desktop printers, and servers.
- High-level proficiency in the MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of SQL Database administration, including reporting services and development
- Experience with project management best practices and application development life cycles.
- Knowledge of .NET programming to at least an intermediate level.
- Experience managing VoIP telephone systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server OS, DNS, ADS, RDS, and HyperV.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, presentation, and organization skills, plus ability to manage multiple priorities. High degree of initiative and accountability required.
- Shelby, Arena, SharePoint, or other Enterprise database experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry equipment weighing as much as 60 lbs., to physically move around and work on equipment and connections, sometimes in confined, hard to reach, low or high spaces.
- Good vision, hearing, and fine motor skills also necessary.
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com:
- Resume & cover letter/email
- Your salary requirement
- Your religious/church affiliation
No calls, please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
Campus ProducerScottsdale Bible Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Media DirectorNorthshore Christian Church
- Everett, Washington
- October 20
Technical DirectorSlingshot Group
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- October 19