Good Shepherd is a 4,000 member Christian church located in the Naperville, IL a far west suburb of Chicago. Our primary mission is to “Reach and transform spiritually distracted people so we all come to love and serve God.” Every member of our staff, including
this position, is challenged to help fulfill that mission. The Facilities Director serves as part of a servant team of leaders who ensure that our church is welcoming, safe, secure, and ready for ministry at all times.
Hours: Full-time--40 hours per week including Sundays from 7:30-1:00. On-call, evening, and flexible hours are required.
Hiring Salary: $45,000-$55,000 depending on experience.
Benefits: Health insurance, Employer contribution towards retirement fund, paid vacation and sick leave.
- Participate in the leadership team of the church, supporting the mission and ministries by attending Director’s meetings, serving on ministry teams, and leading volunteer and staff teams.
- Ensure a safe, functioning, clean facility through the supervision of outside contracts, staff, and volunteers.
- Obtain and monitor competitive proposal contracts for repairs, maintenance, and capital improvements ensuring competitive and fair pricing.
- Respond to major and minor repair needs and emergency situations by proactively hiring vendors for areas including but not limited to plumbing, air conditioning, electrical, heating, security, kitchen equipment, ministry equipment, lawn care, snow removal,
cleaning, pest control, and parking lot maintenance and lighting.
- Develop and oversee the long and short-range plans for preventative maintenance and anticipated replacements and repairs.
- Serve as Facility Scheduler by coordinating and communicating building use needs.
- Ensure building safety and Building Code compliance.
- Implement and maintain the staff phone system including adding users and extensions, wiring, and cabling.
- Maintain and monitor a security plan for the facility that includes electronic door access and overnight security.
- Supervise staff and volunteers including recruiting, training, scheduling, conducting performance reviews, and identifying staffing needs.
- Develop and administer a Facilities and Maintenance budget showing a commitment to good stewardship.
- Maintain an interior and exterior signage program that is invitational and instructional.
- Maintain building assets inventory including warranties, maintenance contracts, and other relevant information.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance and repairs.
- Oversee proper set up and tear down for church events, which may include some evenings and weekend hours.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and transport items up to 50 lbs. and operate a variety of equipment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Five or more years Facilities Management, Building Maintenance and/or Property Management experience
A pre-employment background check is required
Good Shepherd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, interested candidates should email resume and cover letter describing their interest as early as possible. Please do not contact Employer directly.