Coastal Life Church originally began under the leadership of James Pendleton (Founding Pastor) and a team of 3 other couples with a desire to plant home churches in Martin & St. Lucie County, Florida in the Fall of 2008. During this time the church was named
“Acts 2 Fellowship” and emphasized being a simple ministry that was reaching the unchurched and over-churched young adult and young family generations of the Treasure Coast and meeting the missing need for authentic community in the local church. As the church
grew, it became apparent that everyone needed to meet together so a storefront in Stuart was leased in 2009. Within the next year, the church decided to become laser-focused on reaching the community for Christ. This is when the church was renamed “Coastal
Life Church” and continued to grow rapidly. Through this growth the church met in several locations before settling into the current facility in Palm City, FL. During these first few years of Coastal Life Church we have seen many people accept Christ, be baptized,
and are now serving in the church.
OUR MINISTRY PARADIGM
The premise of our philosophy of ministry is found in the “Great Commandment” and “Great Commission”. From these verses, we have identified the purposes of our church community. Evangelism - reaching people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Fellowship - connecting
people into meaning spiritual relationships. Discipleship - being a catalyst of personal spiritual growth. Service - serving people around us with our God-given gifts and talents. It is our vision to gather crowds of people together, connect them into a relationship
with Christ and fellow believers, and then scatter throughout our city making an impact for the Kingdom of God.
Our mission as a church is captured in 3 key words: ENCOUNTER, EQUIP, ENGAGE
Help people experience a life-changing ENCOUNTER with Christ
EQUIP them through the Scriptures in group relationships
Together ENGAGE our neighbors, city, and world through acts of love
Our weekend worship experiences feature a “modern/contemporary” style that will engage the heart and mind in adoration of Christ. As a church that is reaching the unchurched, de-churched and over-churched we desire varied and creative worship expressions that
are passionate, engaging, full of Scripture, prayer, and an awareness of God’s presence. We strive to keep our media and creative arts strategies on par with relevance of today.
We are seeking a person to join our team that is madly in love with Jesus Christ, is passionate about their craft and about impacting others for God through it, is motivated and hardworking, is strongly relational, and team oriented.
- Committed relationship with Jesus Christ and calling to church ministry
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of CLC
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience leading Worship is preferred
- Skilled vocalist and instrumentalist who can lead worship
- Strong working knowledge of sound, lighting, and video equipment
- Knowledge and skill in Pro-Presenter and Final Cut Pro
- Have an engaging “up-front stage presence”
- Design, organize, and lead worship in our weekend services & other events
- Recruit, train, equip and direct volunteers of the worship band and tech team
- Create videos for sermons and various other promotional reasons
- Work with graphic designer to create graphics for series, events, etc
- Manage the capturing & post-production of weekend services for our website
- Help design and execute stage design throughout the year
- Maintain all A/V and lighting equipment
** We also have leadership needs in GroupLife and Young Adult ministry that this position may help support if giftings and passions align**
Please respond by a letter of interest, and résumé. Video links such as YouTube and Vimeo are appreciated. Please send your information to James Pendleton at email@example.com