Valley Community Baptist Church, (“VCBC”), a member of Converge Worldwide (Baptist General Conference), is a vibrant, evangelical congregation, averaging around 1,800 in worship attendance per week and drawing from multiple communities in central Connecticut.
In order to reach more people in the central Connecticut area, VCBC has expanded its ministry through a multi-site ministry strategy, launching its first campus in October 2014. VCBC is now in the planning stages for its second campus. VCBC is known for its:
1) biblical, relevant, multi-style worship services and strong preaching ministry, 2) strong ministry to Children, Students and Adults, and 3) constant pursuit of new and innovative ways to do ministry. VCBC relies heavily upon an integrated approach to ministry.
Its key ministry staff make up a closely-knit, high functioning team whose members are both highly skilled and well-compensated, with salary and benefit packages comparable to those found in larger churches across the country.
Reporting directly to the Executive Pastor, the Campus Pastor will oversee all aspects of ministry at the multi-site location and will have the following major responsibilities:
- Communicate and implement VCBC’s vision and “DNA” within the multi-site context,
- Establish, develop and grow a campus leadership team to lead and support the campus ministry,
- Ensure that campus leadership team members connect with appropriate VCBC main campus supporting ministries,
- Supervise paid and non-paid staff, and
- Lead one defined major ministry area (Worship, Small Groups, etc.)
Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Position includes full benefit package.
Required skills / experience
The successful candidate will have a history that includes:
- Persuasive leadership and collaborative team-building.
- Casting a compelling vision for local ministry and then building and maintaining consensus and momentum in implementing that vision.
- Strong influencing skills, able to lead up, down, and laterally within an organization.
- Clear and effective public communication skills (speaking and writing)
- A sterling record of execution, the unquestioned ability to “get things done”.
- Supervisory experience (supervision of paid staff is helpful but not essential).
- Dealing effectively with conflict.
- Problem resolution, leveraging strong creative and problem-solving skills.
- Creating an environment that supports others in their growth as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Relying upon a strong theology of the local church and its impact.
- Designing and implementing strategies to engage large numbers of people in ministry.
- A minimum of five years of vocational experience in a ministry setting or key lay leadership experience required.
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science required--Master’s Degree preferred. Must be eligible for a license to preach at VCBC.
REQUIRED CULTURE / CHARACTERISTICS
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Strong desire to honor God and inspire His people through excellence.
- Engaging personality, both publically and personally
- Models spiritual transformation.
- Personal and emotional maturity; is authentic and genuine as a person and pastor.
- Demonstrates personal growth, healthy relationships, and a desire for accountability.
- Empathetic, yet objective and discerning.
- Strong work ethic, a self-starter, demonstrates initiative and ownership of results.
- Flexible and nimble; capable, comfortable and energized by working in many ministry areas.
- Professional, forthright, courteous, cordial; positive outlook and “upbeat”.
- Neat, organized, structured work approach coupled with good time management skills.
Interested individuals should forward a cover letter, resume, written testimony, and call to ministry to:
Campus Pastor Search
Valley Community Baptist Church
590 West Avon Rd.
Avon, CT 06001
- or -
No Phone Calls Please