Hey! Are you creative, collaborative and a relational team member with energy and enthusiasm? If so, St James United Methodist Church in Tampa, FL wants to speak with you! We have an open staff role as the Director of Children's Ministries and we
are searching for the individual that God has prepared for this critically important leadership position. This person will lead opportunities for children's ministry that include, but are not limited to, Sunday morning programming, Wednesday Night Children’s
programming, Vacation Bible School, and other seasonal events such as the Easter, Fall Festival, and Christmas Eve. Sound like you or someone you know? Send credentials to email@example.com and let us know how St James can put these credentials to the
task. Below is some additional information about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!
JOB TITLE: Director of Children’s Ministries at St. James United Methodist Church
Directly Supervises: Assoc Dir of Children’s Ministries, Children’s Ministries Admin Asst.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and develop teams of volunteers for ministry to children (birth through 5th
- Develop and implement creative, exciting, and relevant children’s ministries programs and environments
- Provide a safe and secure environment where children are free to grow in Christ (specifically in five key areas: Connecting-Radical Hospitality, Worshiping-Passionate Worship,Growing-Intentional Discipleship,Serving-Risk-Taking Mission and Service, and
- Be active in creating and implementing meaningful outreach events with leadership presence
- Show support for the community’s children in activities away from SJUMC (sports, dance, theater, etc.)
- Partner with parents in their faith-forming role in kids’ lives
- Engage and cooperate with the church staff in the execution of SJUMC's mission “To Make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world"
- Model personal behavior and a lifestyle consistent with Christian faith and principles
- Create a thorough annual budget and effectively management expenses to accomplish goals
- Continually explore opportunities to grow the children’s ministries and capture the children’s hearts to pursue a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Participate in and complete continued educational courses/studies; stay fresh and relevant in ministry
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent education and experience
- Strong commitment to the Christian faith and to the theology of the United Methodist Church
- Willingness to adhere to the SJUMC Staff Policies and Statement of Ethics, to be loyal to the Senior Pastor and church leadership, and be faithful to the SJUMC mission, vision, and values
- Ability to recruit, develop, and lead teams of adult volunteers
- Strengths in relationship building, communication, administration, ministering to parents, and team building
- Clear communication of the gospel
- Effective collaboration with staff, parents, and other church team leaders