TITLE: Children’s Pastor
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
RELATES CLOSELY WITH: Senior Pastor, Student Ministry, Technical Teams, & Connections Ministry
HOURS: Full Time – 45-55 hours per week
OBJECTIVE: First Christian has an awesome opportunity for a Children’s Pastor to be a member of our pastoral staff and gifted team! First Christian’s vision is to “Reach, Win, Grow.” The role is to ignite a desire within children for a
genuine relationship with Christ and to equip kids to be influential in their community, encourage and equip parents to develop a Biblical worldview in their children, and promote spiritual growth in children ages birth-grade 5/6 through various programming
elements, both Sundays and Wednesdays, and other special events throughout the year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the Department Leader for Children’s Ministry.
- Cast vision, monitor data, set goals, and drive expectations for all programming and ministry for children ages birth – grade 5/6, including Sunday morning nursery, preschool & elementary worship services, Sunday School classes, Wednesday nights, summer
programming, special events, etc. – EVERYTHING for kids!
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Create environments, activities, and programs for each age group that will capture a child’s excitement and facilitate learning as well as encourage spiritual growth.
- Form a safe and secure ministry framework and utilize the computer check in system.
- Create systems as well as train and mobilize volunteers to develop a consistent quality of programming on a weekly basis.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and lead teams of volunteers including assimilation of new volunteers.
- Provide care for children & families of the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and involving new children and families.
- Plan and oversee special events such as VBS, Baby Day, Summer Camp, Children’s choir performances, etc.
- Effectively manage the children’s ministry budget.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership of their family.
- Equip and encourage parents as the Biblical leaders of their households.
- Lead and delegate responsibility to part-time children’s ministry staff.
- Lead high level leaders and manage staff.
- Be an effective ministry team member who collaborates on “all church” events, attends weekly staff meetings, & other general staff requirements.
1. Must show a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1Timothy 3,
2. Able and willing to preach/teach,
3. Demonstrate an Ongoing Relationship with Jesus Christ,
4. A thorough knowledge of the Bible is essential,
5. Lay or vocational experience preferred in an established successful Youth or young adult program,
6. Must possess organizational and administration abilities,
7. Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience,
8. Minimum 5 years experience working with students, after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, is preferred;
9. Expert level written and verbal communication skills,
10. Project Management,
11. Confidential, Helpful, Cheerful, Diplomatic, and Caring Positive Attitude to ALL,
12. Ability to Prioritize and Multi-Task,
13. Attention to Detail,
14. Work fast to meet hard deadlines (i.e.: days NOT weeks), and
15. Must attend worship services regularly and participate as an active member of First Christian.
These responsibilities are a general overview of the job duties and may be changed or added to as the need may arise.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Do NOT submit through the Churchstaffing website. All applicants must submit application documents via email.