Progressive and growing mega-church is seeking a full-time Director of College Ministries. You will join with a dynamic staff team in a grace-filled environment taking cues from North Point Ministries, Willow Creek Community Church and "Simple Church".
Qualified candidate will have strong relational, leadership, team building, systems development, discernment and organizational skills. Experience in college school ministry and familiarity with North Point Ministries' strategy and approach is a plus.
The Director of College Ministries is responsible for providing vision, strategy, support and development to volunteer leaders to help assimilate 18-25 year olds into the body of the church through community groups and serving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and oversee CRC strategy within the context of the College Ministry.
- Attract, Connect, Train and Sustain (ACTS) key volunteers to carry out ministry.
- Foster growth and development of small group leaders as needed to grow the small group strategy.
- Speak into the effectiveness of the adult weekend environment so that it remains appealing, engaging and helpful to college students.
- Plan and execute “Next Step” events for college students at weekend services.
- Specifically staff Next with trained representatives who can answer questions and schedule “Test Drives” in college ministries.
- Develop an annual departmental budget and manage spending to budget.
- Participate in other staff and leadership development meetings/forums as needed (weekly staff meeting, doctrinal training time, town halls, etc.)
- Speak in other environments, including weekend services and other larger group settings.
- Perform other duties as assigned (to include weddings, funerals, baptisms and other pastoral functions).
- Recruit and lead college students on fall/winter/summers retreats and mission trips.
- Actively engage in the life of the church by gathering, connecting, serving, giving and inviting.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years’ demonstrated ministry leadership experience with youth or college preferred
- Passion for college students (18 to 25 year olds)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong delegations skills; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Strong volunteer supervisory skills
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
Physical Demands: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt/ Salaried
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Interested applicants may apply at: the ridge.church/jobs
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student PastorChurchology Staffing
- Lake Worth , Florida
- January 17
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- January 12
Campus Pastor (171703)Private Profile
- Northeast US, Pennsylvania
- January 11
Worship and College PastorStarkey Road Baptist Church
- Seminole, Florida
- January 10
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Allison Park , Pennsylvania
- January 3
Chestnut Ridge Church
A forward-thinking and growing church of over 2,000, in Morgantown, WV. Chestnut Ridge Church is located in the educational, commercial, medical and cultural hub of north-central West Virginia. Our mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with God and others.More...