Calvary Baptist Church is a gospel-centered church of 200+ in Avon Lake, Ohio, a desirable, western suburb of Cleveland. Calvary has been established in the community for many years, but has purchased land in a visible location to prepare for growth and
relocation. Our community has a high percentage of families with children. We want to minister with greater impact in Avon Lake and surrounding communities with a clear focus on young families and their children.
We seek a pastor with a passion for the gospel, who loves children, students and their families, and is committed to excellence in reaching and discipling young people. This individual should also be a multi-skilled administrator capable of analyzing, developing,
and coordinating ministries as we step toward relocation. This is a great opportunity to shape the individual lives of young people and the future ministry of Calvary.
Create and implement a vision for excellent children’s ministry at Calvary that communicates our love for children to guests, attendees, and those outside the church.
- Oversee programming and ministry for children and infants through high school during Sunday mornings, weeknight programs, Vacation Bible School, and special events.
- Raise the quality and participation level of Sunday ministries for children and students.
- Recruit, train, and organize new and existing volunteers who are passionate about working with young people.
- Choose curriculum that will be engaging for the children, facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Be creative with activities to engage children of various ages and their families.
- Develop and execute a strategy to reach and assimilate new children and students.
- Oversee a child-friendly redesign of the children’s rooms and hallway.
- Create opportunities for ministry and visibility outside the walls of the church.
Have a significant pastoral presence among all ages at Calvary.
- Be interactive and relational with all ages.
- Be a pastor who cares for each individual in the church and the spiritual well-being of all.
- Have an engaging and likable personality.
As children and student ministries develop successfully and thrive, there will be additional responsibilities of an associate pastor.
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate church ministries with the senior pastor and ministry teams.
- Make regular reports to the senior pastor and elders concerning the health and effectiveness of ministries, providing recommendations for change and growth.
- Preach and teach as needed.
- Meet the Biblical qualifications of an Elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9) and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22.
- Agree with Calvary’s Statement of Faith.
- Have a bachelor’s degree (from an accredited college, university or seminary) or equivalent experience. Additionally, a master’s and/or seminary degree is preferable.
- Have a minimum of five years of proven experience in children, youth, and/or related family ministries. Additional leadership experience in a business environment is preferable.
- Be able to work with and inspire people in an organizational structure involving paid staff, volunteers, elders, and ministry committees.
- Have excellent management, organizational, administrative and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to effectively manage conflict and facilitate meetings skillfully.
Position is full-time with benefits. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and supplement to email@example.com.
Supplemental material is located at:
Avon Lake is a suburb of 22,000 along the Lake Erie coastline. The town boasts consistently top-ranked schools, affordable housing, hiking and biking trails, large parks, quality playgrounds, and a community pool. Within close proximity, residents can enjoy
all the amenities of city living including sports, culture, shopping, and some of the best medical care in the U.S.