Calvary Baptist Church is a gospel-centered church of 200+ in Avon Lake, Ohio, a desirable, western suburb of Cleveland. Calvary has been established in the community for many years, but has purchased land in a visible location to prepare for growth and relocation. Our community has a high percentage of families with children. We want to minister with greater impact in Avon Lake and surrounding communities with a clear focus on young families and their children.
We seek a pastor with a passion for the gospel, who loves children, students and their families, and is committed to excellence in reaching and discipling young people. This individual should also be a multi-skilled administrator capable of analyzing, developing, and coordinating ministries as we step toward relocation. This is a great opportunity to shape the individual lives of young people and the future ministry of Calvary.
Create and implement a vision for excellent children’s ministry at Calvary that communicates our love for children to guests, attendees, and those outside the church.
- Oversee programming and ministry for children and infants through high school during Sunday mornings, weeknight programs, Vacation Bible School, and special events.
- Raise the quality and participation level of Sunday ministries for children and students.
- Recruit, train, and organize new and existing volunteers who are passionate about working with young people.
- Choose curriculum that will be engaging for the children, facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Be creative with activities to engage children of various ages and their families.
- Develop and execute a strategy to reach and assimilate new children and students.
- Oversee a child-friendly redesign of the children’s rooms and hallway.
- Create opportunities for ministry and visibility outside the walls of the church.
Have a significant pastoral presence among all ages at Calvary.
- Be interactive and relational with all ages.
- Be a pastor who cares for each individual in the church and the spiritual well-being of all.
- Have an engaging and likable personality.
As children and student ministries develop successfully and thrive, there will be additional responsibilities of an associate pastor.
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate church ministries with the senior pastor and ministry teams.
- Make regular reports to the senior pastor and elders concerning the health and effectiveness of ministries, providing recommendations for change and growth.
- Preach and teach as needed.
- Meet the Biblical qualifications of an Elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9) and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22.
- Agree with Calvary’s Statement of Faith.
- Have a bachelor’s degree (from an accredited college, university or seminary) or equivalent experience. Additionally, a master’s and/or seminary degree is preferable.
- Have a minimum of five years of proven experience in children, youth, and/or related family ministries. Additional leadership experience in a business environment is preferable.
- Be able to work with and inspire people in an organizational structure involving paid staff, volunteers, elders, and ministry committees.
- Have excellent management, organizational, administrative and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to effectively manage conflict and facilitate meetings skillfully.
Position is full-time with benefits. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and supplement to email@example.com.
Supplemental material is located at: http://www.cbcavonlake.org/images/resume_supplement.pdf
Avon Lake is a suburb of 22,000 along the Lake Erie coastline. The town boasts consistently top-ranked schools, affordable housing, hiking and biking trails, large parks, quality playgrounds, and a community pool. Within close proximity, residents can enjoy all the amenities of city living including sports, culture, shopping, and some of the best medical care in the U.S.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20