Worship Pastor Job Description
Fellowship Alliance Chapel
Please complete our online application available here: www.myfac.org/employment
Fellowship Alliance Chapel (www.myfac.org) is located in Medford, NJ and has an average weekly attendance of approximately 2,500 people per weekend. We are moving into a new sanctuary at the end of 2015 with seating for 2,000 and we are growing. Currently, services are held on Saturday evenings at 6pm and two services on Sunday at 9am & 11am. Fellowship Alliance Chapel wants people to hear God’s call and follow it. We believe that this is accomplished by connecting to God, His people, and His work. Fellowship Alliance Chapel is part of the Christian & Missionary Alliance (www.cmalliance.org).
We are collecting applications until June 1, 2015. Interested applicants should complete the questionnaire here (https://myfac.ccbchurch.com/form_response.php?id=579) as well as upload the following:
- Completed resume’ and ministry vision
- A digital video of your worship leading and service
- A video introducing yourself and sharing your heart for worship (including your spouse if applicable)
(all items must be submitted in order for the application to proceed)
The worship pastor will work closely with the senior pastor and service coordinator to develop worship services that connect people to God. The worship pastor will provide leadership by:
- Leading the congregation and the members of the worship ministry in growing their own relationships with the Lord through worship.
- Leading on a weekly basis from the platform.
- Mentoring volunteer worship leaders and giving leadership opportunities as needed.
- Serve as the musical director, introducing new material along with appreciation and blending of older or more liturgical elements.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital and growing relationship with Him
- Exemplify the church’s values and uphold staff policies
- Experience in leading vocalists, musicians, and choirs
- A team builder
- A teachable heart
- Strong vocal skills
- Proficiency in playing guitar or piano
- Proficiency in being able to read and write music
- Experience in leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary and traditional genres
- Leading on a weekly basis
- Large church experience and a proven track record.
- Lead and train others to lead the musical worship for the worship service
- Be prepared to lead in congregational singing with the worship team (or alone)
- Utilize a mix of new, current, and traditional songs and genres
- Lead a multi-generational congregation in worship
- Have strong communication skills
- Be able to teach scripture, pray, and incorporate other elements into our worship service
- Long range planning of services along with the service coordinator and senior pastor
- Work in a team relationship with the service coordinator, meet regularly to plan and design worship service details
- Participate in weekly preaching meetings to develop services that tie in with the direction of the main teaching
- Participate in staff meetings and training as well as denominational events
- Lead weekly worship rehearsals for weekend services
- Attend or participate in all weekend services
- Participate in a small group
- Additional opportunities or requests for special services or events
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Worship Arts DirectorArmitage Baptist Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 8
Worship PastorFellowship Bible Church
- Batesville, Arkansas
- December 8
Director of Contemporary Worship and Media TechnologiesCedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church
- Allentown, Pennsylvania
- December 8
Worship/Young AdultGod's Family Church
- Fresno, California
- December 7