The Senior Pastor reports to the Board of Overseers and is responsbile to the church body and ultimately the Lord.
- Have, maintain, and exhibit a passionate, intimate, and right relationship with Jesus Christ and glorify God whether in public or in private
- Fulfill the scriptural qualifications of I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titius 1:5-9
- Have a seminary degree
- Have the necessary experience to lead a church experiencing difficult times
- Be in agreement and committed to the Grace Brethren Statement of Faith
- Be seeking a church where he can stay for a lifelong ministry
- Shepherd, guard, and have and exhibit a deep love for the people of our church
- Ability to care for our people by knowing their hurts and needs and seek to show God's love, grace, and compassion
- Will commit himself to much time in prayer and study of God's Word
- Be an excellent communicator of God's Word through sound Bible teaching and preaching and do so with clarify and application to daily life
- Be family oriented and have a healthy marriage and a supportive wife who is involved in his ministry
- Commit to full time ministry at our church
- Exhibit an appreciation and willingness to embrace a variety of Christian music (traditional hymns, comtemporary worship songs, etc.)
- Be free from self interest, not perfect, but a man of integrity who is Spirit led
- Have a passion to reach the lost by equipping the saints to share their faith
- Possess the administrative skills to effectively manage the affairs of the church
- Shepherd the fellowship of believers in accordance with its constitution and by-laws
- With the assistance of the elders and deacons, administer Threefold Communion and Baptisms
- Provide adminstrative leadershp for the church including budget preparation and management
- Preside over and preach the Word at all church services unless other acceptable arrangements are made in advance through the Board of Overseers
- Serve as an ex-officio member with voting power of all boards and committees in all organizations of the church
- Keep a record of the names of all members of the church with dates of admission, withdrawal, dismissal, or deaths, along with a record of all baptisms. This will be reported annually to the District.
- Present a written report of all church related activities quarterly to the Board of Overseers.
- Coordinate worshp services and order of worship with the Music and Worship Commission.
- Encourage and lend direction to officers, staff, teachers, and commissions.
- Maintain contact with and visit individuals and families of the congregation wtih special attention given to those who do not at tend regularly.
- Maintain contact and visit those who are in the hospital twice a week while they are there and with shut-ins as often as possible.
- Oversee the followup of new contacts and visitors to our services.
- Oversee a method of discipleship for new converts and inviduals of the congregation.
- Provide or arrange counsel to individuals in need of spiritual guidance and/or premarital conseling.
- Serve as moderator at all church congregational meetings.
- Officate at weddings, baptisms, and funerals, etc.
- Provide vision and leadership for the church.
- Manage conflict within the church and see to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
If you feel Vicksburg Grace Brethren Church is a match for your qualifications and calling, please send a resume and any other related information which you feel would be helpful for us to know. Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com.