Part-Time Blended Worship Leader/Director
Village Baptist Church is located in West Palm Beach, Florida. We are a Southern Baptist, multi-generational, multi-cultural, diverse social/economic church of approximately 200 souls. Our mission is “to lead people to make Jesus Christ the center of their
lives though worship which inspires fellowship, discipleship, service, and outreach.”
We are seeking a Worship Leader/Director who minsters to both the head and the heart. Worship is a teaching ministry that necessitates true biblical doctrine while engaging the heart in sincere adoration of the Father, His Son Jesus, and The Holy Spirit
and their partnership in rescuing sinners, with appropriate emotion balanced with good biblical theology.
We seek a WL who has a demonstrated ability to disciple people both as followers of Jesus and as musicians/vocalists. Our WL must be able to attract and keep people as well as handle the relational challenges of leadership with grace and truth.
We currently offer one “blended” contemporary worship service on Sunday. We desire varied and creative worship expressions that are passionate, engaging, full of Scripture, prayer, and an awareness of God’s presence.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing, personal relationship with Him.
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical relationships (Matthew 5:23-24, Matthew 18:15-17, Ephesians 4:25-32).
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of VBC.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience leading Worship is preferred.
- Musically trained and experienced.
- Skilled vocalist and instrumentalist who can lead worship from piano, keyboard, and/or guitar.
- Strong working knowledge of sound equipment and ability to train volunteers in AV.
- Able to teach/lead choir and small vocal groups.
- Able to lead volunteers who are musically talented but cannot sight read music.
- Equip, mentor, and lead a committed group of volunteers.
- Knows and appreciates diverse music styles (traditional, classical, modern, gospel/jazz) and able to plan and lead God-centered, creative, diverse expressions of worship that engage the heart and the mind.
- Build teams and develop our volunteer musicians and artists currently within the church.
- Recruit and develop new singers and instrumentalists.
- Make charts for musicians as needed.
- Maintain music and sound equipment.
- Possess oral and written communication gifts and an engaging “up-front stage presence.”
- Be able to read music.
- Software proficient in Planning Center, Song Select, PowerPoint, and Pro-Presenter to organize music and communicate with teams.
This PART-TIME position of 10-12 hours weekly currently requires Wednesday evening rehearsals and Sunday morning worship. Please respond by a letter of interest, and résumé. Video links such as YouTube, Vimeo are
required. Please indicate your salary requirement. Salary will be based in part on education and experience.