Position Summary: To oversee student ministries at the Mankato Evangelical Free Church with the mindset of making disciples who are in Christ and share Christ in their world.
1. Develop and oversee a balanced offering of ministries designed to disciple and nurture the students of the Mankato Evangelical Free Church and to evangelize the students of our community.
2. Recruit, train, encourage and empower lay leaders in planning and executing the various ministries of the Mankato EFC youth (including weekly meetings, special events, discipleship groups, camp experiences, missions projects, retreats, outreach events
and national youth conferences).
3. Maintain direct relational ministry contact with students on a regular basis, including regular teaching and disciple-making responsibilities.
4. Coordinate, in cooperation the Student Ministries Team, the schedule of student events and use of the Youth Room.
5. Prepare and manage the student ministries’ financial budget in collaboration with the Board of Deacons.
6. Collaborate with other Mankato Evangelical Free Church ministries to encourage students to have meaningful opportunities for service within the church.
7. Collaborate with other Mankato Evangelical Free Church ministries to provide students with significant opportunities for local, domestic and foreign missions experiences.
8. Take an active role in the meetings and conferences of the pastoral staff as scheduled and directed by the Senior Pastor.
9. Take an active role in the public worship services of the church as directed by the Senior Pastor.
10. Continue growing in his relationship with God through Bible reading and study, prayer, scripture memorization, and other Spiritual disciplines.
11. Work with, continue to foster relationships with, and network with other local youth ministries.
12. Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
13. He shall be a full voting member of the Christian Education and Elder Boards with involvement on other Boards and Teams as requested by the Senior Pastor and Elders.
1. This person must be of established Christian character, sound in faith and doctrine whose spiritual qualifications shall be those as found in I Timothy 3:1-7, II Timothy 2:15, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
2. He must be in complete agreement with the Statement of Faith of the church and, if not credentialed by the Evangelical Free Church of America, be willing to go through the credentialing process within 18 months of his call to the church.
4. It is preferred that he shall have a Bachelor’s Degree (or willingness to acquire one) from an accredited College or University with course work to include biblical and theological training. He has a demonstrated character of a lifelong learner.
5. He shall affirm the Values, Mission and Vision of the Evangelical Free Church of Mankato. He shall also be in agreement with the constitution and the by-laws of the Evangelical Free Church of Mankato.
6. A life and ministry that exhibits effectiveness in evangelism and discipleship.
7. He shall be under the authority of the Senior Pastor and the Board of Elders.