Church Name: Pacific Coast Church
Date: October, 2014
Church website: www.pacificcoastchurch.org
Contact Person: Pastor Dan Anderson
Pacific Coast Church is celebrating close to 60 years of ministry. Its multi-generational community reflects a balance of young families, singles and “builders”…a true reflection of the San Clemente community they are reaching with the gospel message. Sunday
services are a balance of contemporary worship and engaging teaching for the adults, along with the fully graded children’s and student ministry.
PCC has an average attendance of 1,200 and given the busyness of young families schedules they likely minister to over 1,500 people who call PCC their home church. Approximately 1/3 of Sunday attendees are children and youth and each Sunday there are over
75 volunteers in children’s ministry. Our mid-week Heroes, Inc. children’s ministry has an average attendance of 175 children and about 60 volunteers.
Although San Clemente itself dates back to the early 1900’s, the master planned community of Talega is a newer community attracting young families and professionals. PCC’s primary growth has been with young families. PCC is committed to providing an excellent
Children’s Ministry and providing tools and training for young parents to raise their children to follow the Lord.
CHILDREN’S ministry STAFFING structure
The Children’s Ministry will have a full-time Director with a full-time assistant, multiple part-time assistants, and a number of dedicated volunteers who donate their time and energy to the PCC children’s ministry.
PCC is fertile ground for a spiritually developed, highly gifted, compassionate leader who loves children. It is a place where creativity, vision casting, and development are welcomed. The new Children’s Ministry Director must be a solid leader with excellent
people skills and administrative organization. The director will be responsible for recruiting, training, and leading the CM ministry team in creating, developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing, vibrant ministry for children, birth through 5th
- Born-Again Christian who has a consistent, growing relationship with Christ.
- College degree; Major in Child Development or Elementary Education a plus.
- At least three years experience serving as a Children’s Director at a church of 1000 or more or a primary assistant at a larger church.
- Strong Leadership with a good balance of administration and people skills.
- Flexible and Creative in nature.
- Computer and social media skills a plus.
- Oversight and leadership of the children’s ministry. This primarily includes Sunday morning, school-year Wednesday night Heroes, Inc. ministry & Moppets ministries, and a VBS or some other summer ministry.
- Recruit, screen, train, and encourage children’s ministry volunteers and paid CM team.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
- Train and supervise children’s ministry coordinators to set up for programs, manage the volunteer schedule and lead well.
- Communicate consistently with parents and provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Be an active member and participant on the staff team, giving support and ideas when needed. Be the advocate for families/children in the church.
- Should always exhibit professionalism in demeanor and relationships.
- Have a conscientious work ethic. Be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Able to work well with all types of personalities
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Volunteer leadership development
- Applications and background checks for volunteers
- Recruit, train and encourage volunteers
- Build relationships with volunteers and parents
- Lead assistants and ministry coordinators
- Provide parents with tools for success
- Choose & implement curriculum
- Plan and organize special events, family nights, holiday events, kids’ musicals and outreach
- Salary range based on education, experience, and expertise.
- Health, dental, & disability insurance benefits
- Long-term care policy which may be personally supplemented
- 401K option up to 6% matching funds after the first year of employment
- Two weeks vacation year one; three weeks vacation after year one