Ministry Title: Early Childhood Director
Reports To: Children’s Pastor
Date Prepared: 8/26/14
The Early Childhood Director will lead the preschool area (ages birth through pre-Kindergarten) within Children’s Ministry as described and defined within the following area of responsibilities. Additionally, the following skills, gifts and talents are desired.
SPECIFIC SKILLS, GIFTS, TALENTS NEEDED:
- Leadership: Ability to recruit, place and lead volunteers. Ability to manage, motivate and delegate to teams of people.
- Children: A love for and ability to relate to and lead pre-school aged children.
- Problem Solving: Ability to assess a situation or an opportunity, explore various approaches or scenarios and choose a path forward given all of the information. Situations may require both a short-term and a long-term solution.
- Coaching/Training: Train volunteers in their specific roles but also with general mission/vision of the ministry and also any policies or procedure that are applicable. Be able to provide constructive feedback when needed.
- Administrative: Ability to plan and organize events and activities in the future which includes calendaring, facility needs, communication with other ministries, volunteer scheduling and communication, resource purchasing and management.
- Conflict Resolution: Ability to resolve conflict between children and/or volunteers and bring situation to a positive outcome.
- Recruit, train, place and cast vision for volunteers in the Preschool Ministry. This includes sending weekly serving reminders, preparing service coordinator sheets and providing CPR/safety training.
- Act as primary interface to parents by sending monthly parent cues, weekly Kids Crossing updates, maintaining Kids Crossing members and sharing Pinterest articles. Also includes counseling and meeting with parents in relationally difficult environments.
- Prepare weekly for Sunday morning by cleaning/organizing toys, books and equipment, purchasing supplies, making bag tags, preparing each classroom, staying up to date on Orange curriculum, preparing small group activities, sending storytelling scripts and filling any gaps in volunteer coverage.
- Lead Sunday mornings by checking each classroom, prepping DVD players, checking in volunteers, greeting children and parents, record numbers on service coordinator sheet, host preschool room, fill out incident reports and collect offering.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, collaborate with Children’s Pastor and meet with family ministry team.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of an annual Vacation Bible School.
- Care and provide for the families of special needs children by meeting with parents, creating one-to-one adult to child supervision on Sundays, meeting with special needs advisor and maintaining a safe environment for the children.
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Stones Crossing’s Bylaws and Policies, Procedures Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Be committed to the vision, values, beliefs, and mission of Stones Crossing Church.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Be an example to our church and our community in character and conduct.
- Maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual example to your spouse and children.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas.
- Arrive to meetings, rehearsals, and services on time. Arriving 10 minutes prior to volunteers is best.
- Practice Matthew 18 principle of going to an offender first to work out problem prior to having unhealthy conversations with a third party.
- Financially support the work of ministries of Stones Crossing by faithfully giving at least 10% of your income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
- All pastors and directors who are exempt. Full-time employees will work a minimum of 42 hours a week, maintaining consistent office hours, four-business days a week from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- When Sunday is considered as part of a staff member’s normal scheduled workweek, an additional day off will be scheduled through the Executive Pastor.
- Read and be in agreement with the Employee Handbook.
- Properly follow staff policies and procedures.
30 hours per week with schedule to be determined.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1
Carmel Baptist Church - Preschool Minister/W.E.E School Head of SchoolVanderbloemen Search Group
- Matthews, North Carolina
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Stones Crossing Church
Together, we are striving to become the type of church described in the Bible; a church with relevant teaching, heartfelt worship, honest friendships, constant prayer, and compassionate care for those in need. In short, we would like to have the kind of contagious Christianity that can influence and encourage the entire community, one life at a time. More...