Scott Depot Christ Fellowship (“The Depot”) in Scott Depot, West Virginia is prayerfully seeking God’s man to lead our church to the next level of faithfulness to our Lord Jesus. In summary, we are looking for a man who loves God and His church deeply, models humility, has a shepherd’s heart, prayerfully seeks the will of God, is comfortably transparent, and is approachable. Our Senior Pastor must have a passion and skill for engaging people who do not know Jesus, a heart for missions, and be skilled at communicating Biblical truths that compel life application and spiritual transformation.
We are a non-denominational ministry situated between the cities of Charleston and Huntington, West Virginia, just off Interstate 64. We are two to three hours from the larger metropolitan areas of Lexington, Kentucky; Cincinnati, Ohio; and Columbus, Ohio. We have recently remodeled our existing church building and completed a 17,000 sq. ft., two-story addition so we can impact our community in an even greater way with the love and grace of God through:
- A casual, welcoming atmosphere
- Friendly, encouraging people
- Passionate worship
- Relevant, Bible-based teaching
- Programs for all ages, from birth to the very experienced
Our campus consists of three separate ministries: the church, a child development center, and a Christian school.
The church was organized in 1936 as the Scott Depot Church of God. In order to be broader in its outreach, the church became non-denominational in 1978 and changed its name to the Scott Depot Christ Fellowship. Recently, God has set before the church a new and greater vision. The Scott Depot Christ Fellowship is now calling itself "The Depot": a church that is called to be heaven's outpost on earth, a base of operations for the Kingdom of God, and a group of people through whom God can touch and transform our local community and our world by His love and grace and the power of His Spirit. We want to glorify God by revealing His love and fulfilling His purposes. Our average church attendance is 350-400 people. http://www.thedepotlive.com/index-main.php
The church opened the Teays Valley Child Development Center (TVCDC) in 1974, and it has become one of the best and most popular child care centers in our state, offering infant care, pre-school, and after school programs. TVCDC currently cares for about 350 children. http://tvcdc.org/
In 1979, Teays Valley Christian School (TVCS) was established, and it has developed a reputation as one of the most outstanding Christian schools in our region of the country. It is one of two Christian schools in the state with dual accreditation through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the North Central Association. TVCS currently has about 350 students enrolled, ranging from kindergarten through twelfth grade. http://www.tvcswv.org/
The Senior Pastor is responsible for all ministry processes at The Depot and reports to the Board of Trustees. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Education and Experience:
- College degree in a ministry-related area, Doctorate degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years recent experience on a church staff in a significant leadership position that involves the responsibilities of preaching, planning, training leaders, and developing strategies to accomplish desired goals.
- Excellent leadership, public speaking, teaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Is a passionate follower of Jesus Christ and believes the Bible, in its original writings, is the inerrant Word of God.
- Possesses the following characteristics:
o Evidence in his life of the requirements for leaders found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
o Evidence of the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22-23
o Evidence of a Christ-life attitude as found in Philippians 2:5-9
- Has a mature but growing relationship with Jesus Christ, exhibits a Christ-centered and prayerful life, and is a serious student of the Word of God.
- Has a healthy marriage, a supportive and involved spouse, and lovingly leads his family.
- Is self-motivated and well-ordered in his personal life.
- Is confident in his gifts but humble in heart and quick to acknowledge his wrongs.
- Must be able to support The Depot’s Statement of Faith, Mission, and Ministries, including the ability to work with the TVCDC and the TVCS and support them.
- Must be able to relate well and work cooperatively with the Board of Trustees, members, staff, and volunteers.
- Has the ability to cast a Christ-centered vision and to develop supporting strategies that effectively lead staff and the church.
- Has a passion for preaching Biblically-based, relevant, and life transforming messages for both mature believers and those early in their faith journey.
- Must be willing to share preaching responsibilities with a developing preaching team and have a heart to see other men and women rise and develop in their calling to be church leaders.
- Reaches out to and connects with people from all walks of life.
- Is able to identify, equip, and empower leaders to take their place in our church and in our ministries.
- Is committed to evangelism, outreach, discipleship, and missions and encourages the commitment to such in others.
- Must be able to manage the ministry by utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project and time management, and collaboration skills.
- Must be a good steward of a yearly ministry budget.
- Must be able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
Please send resume and video/audio recordings to email@example.com or to Search Team, 6496 Teays Valley Road, Scott Depot, WV 25560. Resume may also be faxed to (304) 760-6030.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorChrist the rock Church
- De Pere, Wisconsin
- October 28
Lead PastorThe Vine Community Church
- Clovis, New Mexico
- October 27
Bethel Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Richland, Washington
- October 26
Senior Pastor - Rancho Bernardo Community Presbyterian Church - San Diego, CAAGORA Search Group
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- October 26
- Muskegon, Michigan
- October 26