Job Title: Youth Pastor
Reports To: Pastor
The Youth Pastor will lead team oriented ministry for our Youth, 6th thru 12th grade that implements exciting and creative environments where they join in worship and the adventure of becoming like Christ. The ministry includes Sunday Youth
Service, Wed night "Thrive" service and other special events. We see this ministry as an important calling in our church as it is our future.
1.Demonstrates godly character and a genuine commitment to spiritual growth and spiritual disciplines of prayer, tithing and bible reading
2. Demonstrates good relational skills and a desire to be a team player in order to achieve positive chemistry
3. Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion
4. Positive attitude to handle difficult situations
5. Demonstrate competence in relevant skills and abilities
6. Be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
7. Exhibit the qualities of leadership and teaching
8. Exhibit the qualities of caring for individuals (a pastors heart)
9. Attend staff meetings as scheduled
1. Develop a youth ministry that reaches, builds and equips Jr and Sr High students.
2. Establish and maintain personal relationships with individual students in order to minister, disciple, and present Christ by means of maintaining availability as a friend and counselor, attending student events and ministering to youth in the wider context
of their family relationships.
3. Develop and maintain communications with parents of youth
4. Develop and plan outreach activities and programs
5. Recruit, disciple and train adult youth staff volunteers
6. Develop and manage the youth ministry budget
7. Demonstrate a team approach to our other ministries by assisting in other tasks as necessary
8. Communicate, organize and carry out the vision and goals of the ministry
Approximately 35-45 hours Monday – Thursday and Sundays. The above responsibilities are not intended to be an all-inclusive list. The staff at AHOP is committed to team ministry that pursues excellence with an attitude of "whatever it takes to get the job
done". Therefore additional time may be required outside of typical work hours and normal schedules.
Evaluation and compensation:
The Pastor and staff will conduct annually a performance evaluation and review of the compensation package. Salary is established by qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should forward their resume with cover letter, statement of faith and ministry vision to Bob Kirk, Administrative Pastor
Please visit our website ahopxenia.com for more information on our church.