Director, Children’s Ministry
Thrive Community Church
Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA
Date Posted: 11/14/2014
Categories: Children’s Pastor – Christian Education – Christian Teacher – Church Staff
Denomination: Church of the Nazarene
Services/Week: 2 on Sunday morning
Church Size: 325 - 375 (70 - 85) for Sunday services + meetings & special events
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
The work environment - Thrive is a fast growing, inclusive, tech-savvy, family focused church committed to reaching people for Christ and growing them in their faith.
Who we are looking for - We are seeking a talented individual to join the team as our Director of Children’s Ministry. This person will be a proven leader and fun to be around, with a track record of success in their last role and the
ability to assume extensive administration, leadership and ministry duties. This position requires a positive attitude, an ability to communicate well, relational intelligence, and attention to detail. The candidate must be ready to provide solutions, have
a propensity to joy, be a future thinker, and be a self-starter.
Ask yourself the following questions to see if you’re the ideal candidate:
- Do you have experience leading children’s ministry in a mid-sized to large church?
- Do you have a genuine love for Jesus and a testimony of spiritual maturity?
- Can you manage details while keeping the big picture in mind?
- Do you make it your daily mission to put smiles on others’ faces?
- Do you tithe and serve at a local church already?
- Do you feel called to serve in ministry to children?
- Do you enjoy building and leading teams?
- Can you excel on a team where change is rapid and work is evaluated on performance?
- Are you comfortable with technology?
- Are you educated as a teacher?
- Are you a self-starter?
- Are you fun?
If you answered yes to many of these questions, some of the duties for the position are:
- Overall vision and direction for all children’s programming, curriculum & spiritual growth
- Work cooperatively with pastors, staff, key volunteers and stakeholders to develop & implement curriculum plan including all necessary coordination details
- Extensive administrative, leadership and child ministry duties
- Develop and oversee all ministry for ages birth to 6th grade - on Sundays as well as special events/programs
- Create and maintain environments that are safe, facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth
- Recruiting, training, retaining and leadership development for children’s volunteers and staff
- Develop and maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families
- Create and implement communications necessary for high quality children’s ministries for outreach as well as with all involved stakeholders (parents, overall church, children, etc.)
Still interested? Check us out at www.thrivegrandforks.org
Submit your resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com
Once we’ve received your information we’ll be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Salary commensurate with education and experience