Lititz United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Children's Ministry Director for 15 hours per week. We have approximately 100 children in Sunday School and Children's Church, with ages ranging from new-born through grade 6.
The Director of Children’s Ministry shall be responsible for overseeing the church’s efforts in the area of ministering to children, with a focus on their spiritual growth and safety. He/she will gather and equip teams of people who will teach, mentor,
plan and administer Sunday morning programs, Vacation Bible School, and special events. The Director of Children’s Ministry is expected to be present most weekends to oversee the children’s ministry programs.
The Director of Children’s Ministry will have good communication and interpersonal skills. He/she must be able to recruit, train and equip volunteers, as well as to create a comfortable and safe learning environment for children and the laity. He/she
will have a passion for sharing the Gospel with children. He/she will demonstrate a mature and visible commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and to Lititz UMC. Experience and training in Christian Education is desired.
The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Coordinate the smooth execution of high quality Sunday School and Children’s Church programs which help children grow spiritually.
- Assure a safe learning environment for the children, both physically and socially. Assure Lititz UMC’s Safe Sanctuary Policy and PA State law are being followed in the Children’s Ministry Area.
- Select and implement various programs, curriculum, etc. that are targeted to the various age groups throughout children’s ministry.
- Oversee, recruit, train and equip teachers, children’s church leaders, and care givers.
- Coordinate special events for children as outreach tools for the church (i.e. Easter egg hunt, Christmas program, VBS).