FAITH FELLOWSHIP CHURCH
As of November 2014
25,000 - 35,000+ commensurate with education, experience, gifting, etc.
GENERAL: The primary responsibility of the Family Pastor is to work alongside parents to guide children and teens in discovering and growing in a relationship with Jesus Christ. The Family Pastor should have the gifts of teaching, innovation, organization,
and energy. The ideal candidate will have a love for Christ and a passion to impact young people and their parents as children progress from nursery to graduation. The Family Pastor will strengthen our existing ministry and provide a vision for reaching more
young families in our community with the Gospel. The Family Pastor must have the ability to recruit and develop a ministry team to assist in ministering to the church family. The Family Pastor will organize and lead activities of the high school and middle
school youth that will promote an environment for the development of socially rounded, spiritually strong young adults.
This position is a full-time salaried position of 40 hours per week.
1. Oversee and coordinate the youth program (grades 6–12) and children’s programs, including Sunday morning, Wednesday evening, outreach activities, and missions-minded events.
2. Working with a ministry team of volunteers in the youth program, regularly teach God's Word to the teens and be responsible for their Scriptural instruction.
3. Ascertain that curriculums chosen are theologically and pedagogically sound.
4. Ascertain that the children’s and youth areas exemplify a standard of excellence in cleanliness, décor, safety, and order.
5. Faithfully attend church services and churchwide activities.
6. Promote family ministry to the church and local community.
7. Secure and maintain prayer partners and accountability team.
8. Work with the office staff and volunteers in youth- and children-focused outreach events.
9. Maintain administrative details such as contact information, health forms, attendance, and permission to use photographs.
10. Administer the nursery and toddler areas, including their safety and care.
11. Contact families having children and teens that visit one of our worship services.
12. Provide periodic reports to the Elder Board.
13. Develop and oversee the budget for the family ministries.
14. Participate in scheduled staff meetings.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO MINISTRY PARTNERS:
1. Recruit adult leaders to help in ministry areas, providing cohesiveness of instruction, discipline, focus, and mission.
2. Train leaders to minister to children and teens for life-changing impact.
3. Meet with volunteer leaders on a regular basis to plan and pray for children, teens, and their families.
Children and Youth at FFC and Surrounding Communities:
1. Disciple and mentor teens for ministry and leadership roles.
2. Oversee or develop activities that provide Christian fun and fellowship for teens.
3. Oversee or develop activities that provide Christian fun and fellowship for children.
4. Oversee or develop outreach events that appeal and draw the unsaved.
5. Create service ministry opportunities for children and teens.
6. Provide retreats, conferences, mission trips, and/or camps for teens.
1. Involve parents in the activities.
2. Keep parents informed.
3. Work alongside and equip parents to fulfill their role as the primary disciples of their children.
(This area can be developed according to the individual interest and giftedness of the
1. Assist in worship services as needed.
2. Fill the pulpit as needed.
3. Offer counseling and referral as requested.
4. Serve as requested for weddings, funerals, and other special services.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO FAMILY, FAITH, AND THE BODY:
1. Concern should be given to personal balance in ministry with regard to family.
2. Effort should be made for continued personal growth and ministry exposure.
3. Fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith at Faith Fellowship
4. Report directly to the Senior Pastor.
Church website: goffc.org
Please send a cover letter and resume to