Senior Associate Pastor
Beulah Alliance Church invites applications for the permanent, full-time position of
Senior Associate Pastor.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overall leadership and direction of the multisite initiatives at Beulah Alliance Church, including multisite church staff, ministry programming, and leading all functional areas. This position will contribute
to the preaching and teaching ministry in order to ensure a consistent and effective execution of the vision that God has given Beulah. The Senior Associate Pastor will provide spiritual counseling and coaching to the Campus Pastors and connected congregational
members as needed. They will share the preaching and teaching ministry with the Lead Pastor (12-15 times a year) in order to ensure a consistent and effective execution of the vision that God has given Beulah.
The successful candidate will have recognized experience teaching and leading both volunteers and staff in a local church environment and working in a setting committed to reaching the unreached, working within a community, and promoting innovation through
collaboration. They will show a high degree of effectiveness in leadership, spiritual development, communication, and multisite strategy development. The teaching style at Beulah Alliance Church is expository, engaging, rooted to the biblical text, connected
to daily life, and deeply practical. In addition, the individual should show an ability to connect multi-generationally and cross culturally. They will also have a proven record of being a skilled and vibrant communicator, gifted teacher and leader.
Beulah is a large (2700+), vibrant, missional church located in Edmonton, Alberta. This Canadian city continues to undergo unprecedented population growth due to its thriving economy, resulting in unmatched potential for reaching people from around the globe.
Beulah’s desire is to be a reproducing church that creates multisite venues throughout the city. Beulah is connected denominationally to The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA), an evangelical Protestant denomination with an emphasis on global evangelism.
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Associate Pastor:
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles spelled out in the Bible for living a life of thankful service to God.
- An unrelenting passion for leading people to faith and equipping them with biblically-based tools for life. Highly relational and able to coach staff in an Eph. 4:12 ministry environment.
- A proven strong communicator who listens well and is comfortable and effective at all levels of the organization; one who thrives on providing the necessary support for others to succeed.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate a shared vision for ministry, and accountability for the implementation of Beulah’s values, vision and mission through a video venue, multi-campus church.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to manage people, create and implement systems and collaborate effectively in cross functional teams while working in a large, multi-staff setting.
- A proven track record of being a self-starter, entrepreneur, and goal-oriented worker, with an unusually strong work ethic and healthy amount of drive.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver sermon series and course curriculum.
- Successful multisite experience with a demonstrated teaching and leadership gifting.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of Biblical principles.
- Chemistry with the people and staff of Beulah Alliance that "fits."
- A humility and transparency that shows.
- Energy and enthusiasm yet able to exude a calming influence when needed.
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization and can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence.
- 3 – 5 years of teaching and preaching experience and leading a church or major ministries within a multi-staff church setting with a proven track record of teaching based on biblical principles.
- A seminary or bible college degree from an accredited seminary/college is required; a master’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- A doctrine that matches and celebrates The Christian and Missionary Alliance. Eligible for accreditation with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination in Canada.
- Ability to relate to and work with the Lead Pastor and Creative Planning Team while assisting execution of the vision for the church through the preaching and teaching ministry.
If you believe that God may be calling you to this position or for more information please contact
No phone calls please.