Reporting to the Senior Pastor, the Director of Children and Family Ministries is responsible for developing, overseeing and coordinating all ministry and programming related to children from birth to 5th grade and their families. (Approx. 65
Primary Responsibilities and Goals
- Working with Senior Pastor, develop ministry goals and keep the ministry on track with the mission, values, and ministry goals of the church as related to children and families.
- Communicate the vision and goals of the ministry regularly with other staff, parents, volunteers, and congregation promoting awareness of Children and Family Ministries within the church body.
- Oversee/direct volunteers and paid staff in Children and Family Ministries. Develop and care for a strong volunteer leadership staff by implementing dynamic recruiting, training, motivating, accountability, and volunteer support systems.
- Develop and oversee Children and Family Ministries annual budget.
- Develop programming specifically aimed at supporting parents in their God-given role as spiritual leader in their home and events relevant to parents who are raising children in the city.
- Create a fun, creative, and relevant learning environment for children in order to increase their understanding of God’s love for them and encourage a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ensure relevant curriculum is used that teaches Biblical principles and truths appropriate for various developmental levels.
- Develop programming that reaches out to children and their parents in our neighborhood with the message of the Gospel in relevant ways that show our commitment to the community.
- At least two years experience in leadership positions within Children and/or Family Ministries.
- Successful experience building teams and recruiting volunteers.
- Current in teaching techniques and curriculum development and willing to grow in understanding in this area.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrates Christian maturity and a growing dependence on God
- Has a passion for reaching children for Christ and a passion for supporting parents as they disciple their children
- Is a team player who works well with a variety of people and situations, including other staff members, parents, and volunteers
- Is a visionary leader who demonstrates initiative and follow-through—a self-starter who needs little supervision
- Is enthusiastic and able to motivate and mobilize others to action
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrates good organization and time-management skills