Menlo Park Presbyterian Church | Position Description
Position: South Bay Campus Connections Director
Department: South Bay Campus
Supervisor: Josh Hall | South Bay Campus Pastor
This staff member develops programs that provide bridges for newcomers and unconnected people to become connected in the South Bay Campus Community. This position will oversee all weekend service volunteers and coordinate newcomer follow up and events to
facilitate a welcoming pathway to deeper commitment to the South Bay Campus community.
- Planning, developing, and implementing experiences, programs and events that provide bridges for newcomers and unconnected people to connect into Life Groups, and on Volunteer Serving teams at the South Bay Campus.
- Organize and help lead classes, groups and events for newcomers and new believers
- Organize 3-4 special events per year to introduce congregants to the South Bay Campus and opportunities to explore and get connected to welcome and connect people
- Oversee the operations of Connection events such as room reservations, set up, refreshments, signage, nametags, and curriculum.
- Coordinate with the MPPC Communications department to write, design and produce communication materials that effectively connect people
- Effectively use administrative and system tools to produce materials:
- Fellowship One for identifying and communicating with groups/running reports/creating registration forms for events
- Mail Chimp and Bomb-Bomb e-mailings
- Microsoft Excel budget tracking and mail merges for labels and nametags
- Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Publishing/design software for brochures, postcards and signage
- Occasionally share up-front leadership/communications with the Campus Pastor
- Produce “Welcome/Next Steps Information”, then clearly and appropriately point people to recommended next steps
- Volunteer oversight and volunteer culture developer, volunteer appreciation, etc
- Take a lead role in making the Weekend Worship environment the warmest, most welcoming place on the planet
- Support the Campus Pastor with occasional pastoral duties
- Must be a team player
- Servant and pastoral heart
- Natural leader with a desire to connect people with the church
- Project manager with excellent relational skills, and ability to create a welcoming environment
This position is approximately 40 hours per week and requires working on Sundays, weekdays, and some weekday evenings and major holidays (Christmas/Easter).