The Lighting and Scenic Director is responsible for overseeing and helping provide the highest quality environmental experience in our worship services. The Lighting and Scenic Director must be able to lead, train, and direct volunteers in a positive and
encouraging manner with the ability to be a team builder. This position could also be able to serve as the Technical Producer.
The position may be part-time or full-time depending on the candidate's skills and experience.
- Manage/produce lighting and scenic technologies for all services, events, and online mediums at all campus/venues and supported activities
- Provide programming, oversight, and consistency in lighting design for all services
- Work with the Production Director to provide vision and oversight to the lighting and stage ministry
- Maintain equipment, arrange for repairs as necessary, and provide recommendations on any needed upgrades
- Oversee proper inventory of supplies
- Manage/perform installation of lighting equipment for any new venue or campus
- Program lighting for weekend services through setups, design, lighting hangs, etc.
- Train and schedule volunteers for light console operation
- Develop stage designs with creative team
- Recruit and train volunteers for construction and implementation
- A complete understanding of lighting systems and professional standards of excellence
- Formal training and/or significant experience in a live production equipment
- Dependable, consistent, leader-analyst who professionally promotes good communication within Scottsdale Bible Church and presents a positive image of the church to the community
- Experience developing lighting ministries for large, growing churches
- Experience recruiting, building, and training a team
- Experience planning lighting for live worship and events of various styles/sizes
- Experience in rigging sets designs
- Broad understanding of current video and lighting technologies, operations and installation
- Ability to program with various lighting desks and time code
- Ability to work with worship and arts leaders; sensitive to their needs and expectations
- Ability to work in a changing, fast-paced environment, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to make decisions during time-sensitive, live productions
- Ability to work in a team environment with other ministry leaders – active contributor during production sessions, creative thinker in planning for worship/special events, collaborative leader during disciple training.
- Knows the difference between 32k and 56k (and we are not talking about money here)
- Ability to operate aerial lifts, lift 60 lbs., climb ladders and work in cat walks
- Consistently strives for excellence
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Team player
- Fully committed follower of Christ; beliefs consistent with SBC’s statement of faith.
- Lives a life that is consistent with SBC’s employee values (Spiritual Maturity, Servant Leadership, Service Empowerment, Team Player and Stewardship Focused).
- Heart-driven passion for family and spiritually healthy relationships/marriage
- Demonstrated relational skills: highly values others; aspires to serve others; fosters a healthy and amiable spiritual environment; approachable and accessible; works well with others; appreciation for own and other’s giftedness; possesses a healthy sense
- Integrity of work habits and results; able to discern needs and respond appropriately; able to maintain a high degree of professionalism and accuracy; good written and verbal communication skills; desire for individual & professional growth; able to shift
focus quickly from one project to another and multi-task; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; takes initiative; ability to handle confidential information; change agent; proven ability to work collaboratively with others and in team environments; proven
ability to successfully manage others and be accountable for the work results of others
- Flexible; ability to work in a multi-faceted environment with little supervision; personable in working with staff and volunteers; sense of humor; ability to forecast as well as attend to weekly details; adjustable schedule to be able to work with volunteers
and setup for productions and events
Submit resume, cover letter and links to a portfolio/reel to HR@scottsdalebible.com and email@example.com