KIDS’ MINISTRY DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Kids’ Ministry Director at Creekside Bible Church (CBC) is responsible for directing and overseeing the spiritual development of children ages birth – 6th grade. This includes curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom
management, and the operational management necessary to ensure successful and constantly improving weekend kid’s services and periodic special events for ages K- 6th. Additionally, general oversight of volunteer leaders for the Nursery and AWANA
programs will be required. All duties will be in support of the CBC vision: “Cultivating authentic
Community with the risen
- This position will report directly to the Administrative Pastor
- Supervises and directs Kids’ Ministry team.
- Receives support from peers on staff and leadership teams.
- Receives consistent leadership training from the Administrative Pastor.
- Works closely with all areas of ministry within CBC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of volunteers in the operation of a Kids’ Ministry, including weekend services and periodic special events.
- Regularly select and/or develop curriculum for a kids’ Christian education program that is part of the church’s weekend service schedule.
- Dialogue and welcome parents and families in cooperation with the Connections Ministry regarding the curriculum, structure, and dynamics of the Kids’ Ministry.
- Manage kids’ registration, classroom management, and security policies/practices in support of weekend services and periodic special events.
- Maintain a list and conduct background screening for all individuals providing childcare to various ministries at CBC.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff Kids’ Ministry classrooms and special events.
- Cast vision for and program the church’s annual VBS event including music selection, development of messages/teaching, and utilization of games and other artistic elements in the inspiration of children in learning about God.
- Design and plan periodic child dedication services as required, meeting the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of Kid’s Ministry facilities and grounds.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for Kids’ Ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a Kids’ Ministry leadership capacity.
- Possession of a teaching or related degree is required. Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.
- The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passion for teaching children about God, and have the ability to administrate as a department head.
- A working knowledge of creative programming related to children’s classes and special events is a real plus.
- The person must demonstrate an ongoing and vibrant individual walk with the risen Christ.
Expectations and Compensation:
- Fully embrace the vision and values of CBC.
- Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
- 20 hours per week; position is hourly (non-exempt).
- Salary: $23K.