Job Title: Connections and Formation Pastor
Department: Spiritual Community
ABOUT LUFKIN FIRST ASSEMBLY (LFA):
LOCATION: Lufkin, Texas (East Texas) – Population: 35,000 + surrounding areas (approx. 60,000 people 10 mile radius and 90,000 people within a 15 mile radius)
CHURCH DEMOGRAPHICS: Approximately 2500 adherents; LFA has a Spanish ministry that contains approx. 300 adherents. weekend attendance is roughly 1400-1500
MISSION: Transforming Generations for Christ
VISION: A Church Anyone Can Come To…
STRATEGY: Connect, Grow, Serve
VALUES: Acceptance, Spiritual Formation, Innovation, Reaching the Next Generation, Experiential Worship
ABOUT THE POSITION:
EDUCATIONAL/MINISTERIAL REQUIREMENTS: Ministerial License from the Assemblies of God, a Bachelor's degree and at least two years of experience in Small Group and Christian Education Ministry (Sunday School and/or Discipleship Classes preferred.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Connections Pastor is responsible to direct and develop all aspects of Connection Ministries of Lufkin First Assembly including, but not limited to: Continual development, management and oversight of Connect Groups, Grow initiatives, Serve Teams and First Impressions.
- He/she is to live and exemplify a consistent, authentic Christian life and have a daily prayer and devotional time with God. Serve as a mentor and leader to our volunteers and attendees. Oversee and implement the LFA discipleship, care and connection initiative for the adult volunteers under his/her leadership.
- He/she should focus on creating opportunities for those at LFA to truly get CONNECTED to God and others through groups, classes, and church-wide events and activities that encourage connection.
- He/she must develop and implement a system that ensures each new member/SP graduate gets and stays connected in a Connect Group, Grow initiative and/or Serve Team.
- He/she will need able to effectively work with various staff and ministries in the recruiting, training and retaining of all volunteers in order to ensure volunteers are staying healthy, cared for and connected.
- He/she has to be a CHAMPION recruiter, trainer, and retainer of volunteers. They should work a strategic system of praying, caring, feeding, and leading their volunteer teams.
- He/she oversees, develops and trains all Connect Group Leaders, Grow Class Teachers and First Impressions Volunteers.
- He/she must develop creative, effective ways to promote encourage involvement in Connect Groups, Grow initiatives and Serve Teams.
- He/she will need to create an annual/bi-annual women’s and men’s event that is creative and relevant to each gender.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring that the strategy of Connect, Grow, Serve is visible and is clearly and attractively promoted to those at LFA through church-wide signage, information available at Welcome Center, mail outs, website, FB, etc.
- He/she ensures each and every guest has a positive, friendly first impression LFA by effectively leading and training those who serve in all First Impressions ministries: Parking Lot Attendants, Greeters, Ushers and Welcome Center.
- Attend any and all staff meetings, staff days, black out leadership days, etc.
- Manage and meet departmental budget expectations.
- Be faithful to visit those in the hospital on designated date according to the Pastoral Hospital Visit calendar.
- Allow time for pastoral counseling with those from within the ministries of your department and beyond as needed.
- Lead, Host or Attend a Connect Group.
- Be present for any and all special services and events.
The Connections and Formation Pastor's salary will be discussed during the interview process and will depend on the applicant's experience and education. Benefits for this position include three weeks of paid vacation, one week of paid sick leave, three personal days, a traveling paid birthday holiday, a week + paid vacation at Christmas, other paid holidays and a health insurance stipend.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions, and perform any other job-related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels or knowledge, skills and/or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Resumes may be sent to Courtney Mendoza, Executive Assistant, email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Director of College and Young AdultsTrinity United Presbyterian Church
- Santa Ana, California
- January 18
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Lufkin First Assembly
LFA's unique mission and vision creates a pathway towards fulfilling what God has called this body of believers to do. OUR MISSION: (WHAT WE ARE ABOUT) Transforming Generations for Christ. OUR VISION: (WHAT WE WANT TO BE) A church anyone can come to. More...