This is a part-time, exempt position (~20-25 hours over 3 days per week) tasked with leading the “administrative charge” at RBC, from maintaining the books to overseeing church facilities and associated staff.
- A lifestyle that provides evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Agreement with the vision, direction, and beliefs of RBC (RedeemerBibleChurch.org).
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two years of relevant bookkeeping experience.
- Proficiency in accounting software and MS Office.
- Weekly: Handle accounts payable and contributions.
- Maintain chart of accounts, projects, and memorial designations to accurately reflect activities of the church.
- Prepare/send out quarterly and annual contribution statements.
- Compile annual budget, review with the Pastor and upload budget into Shelby.
- Routine audits, bank reconciliations and annual balance and close of general ledger.
- Complete 1099MISC to contractors, mail and prepare IRS Form 1098.
- Complete bi-weekly payroll & IRS payments; complete and file form 941 quarterly.
- Run monthly recurring payments/missionary checks and special project checks.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, summaries, detail, and cash flow reports.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly, audits as needed, and general account maintenance.
- Oversee church facilities and janitorial staff, ensuring the “face” of Redeemer Bible Church is best represented to the community and members with timely maintenance and repair.
- Coordinate facilities projects with deacons.
- Mobilize volunteers as needed to assist in facilities work.
- Meet regularly with direct reports, ensuring completion of assigned work, personal development, and work satisfaction.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Finance Committee meetings as scheduled.
Reports to the Senior Pastor