Job Title: Worship and Communications Pastor
Department: Spiritual Community
ABOUT LUFKIN FIRST ASSEMBLY (LFA):
LOCATION: Lufkin, Texas (East Texas) – Population:
35,000 + surrounding areas (approx. 60,000 people 10 mile radius and 90,000 people within a 15 mile radius)
CHURCH DEMOGRAPHICS: Approximately 2500 adherents; LFA has a Spanish ministry that contains approx. 300 adherents. weekend attendance is roughly 1400-1500
MISSION: Transforming Generations for Christ
VISION: A Church Anyone Can Come To…
STRATEGY: Connect, Grow, Serve
VALUES: Acceptance, Spiritual Formation, Innovation, Reaching the Next Generation, Experiential Worship
ABOUT THE POSITION:
EDUCATIONAL/MINISTERIAL REQUIREMENTS: Ministerial License from the Assemblies of God, a Bachelor's degree and at least two years of experience in Worship/Creative Arts Ministry as well as a background and in-depth knowledge
and expertise in Media/Graphics and Church Marketing preferred.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Communications Pastor is responsible to lead, direct and develop all aspects of Communications Ministries of Lufkin First Assembly including, but not limited to: Continual development, management and oversight of
the weekend and mid-week LFA worship experience, creative arts and overall marketing/media.
- He/she is to live and exemplify a consistent, authentic Christian life and have a daily prayer and devotional time with God. Serve as a mentor and leader to our volunteers and attendees. Oversee and implement the LFA discipleship, care and connection
initiative for the adult volunteers under his/her leadership.
- He/she must be able to lead and create memorable worship experiences through relevant song choices and “out of the box”, creative elements that not only enhance and encourage the overall worship experience but also help prepare the hearts for the upcoming
- He/she must oversee, lead and develop the staff and ministries under their leadership: the LFA Worship Leader, Media/Graphics Technician and the Administrative Assistant for the Communications Department.
- He/she must have experience and knowledge of music theory, including harmonization, chording, and band dynamics.
- He/she will need to have experience and expertise with loops, Planning Center and digital in-ear monitor systems.
- He/she will need able to effectively work with various staff and ministries in the recruiting, training and retaining of all volunteers in order to ensure volunteers are staying healthy, cared for and connected.
- He/she has to be exceptional with leadership and organization.
- He/she must be up to date with all current and upcoming social media forms.
- He/she will need to serve as the “Chief Communications Officer” and ensure the overall “packaging” of the church mission/vision/strategy, sermon series and other church-wide initiatives are done in a timely, effective, creative manner.
- He/she will need to be able to create special, meaningful moments in the worship service when requested.
- He/she must be knowledge and have expertise in graphic design, video production and editing.
- He/she should be a proficient speaker/preacher and capable of writing and preach a sermon for a Sunday morning/Wednesday night if/when needed.
- Attend any and all staff meetings, staff days, black out leadership days, etc.
- Manage and meet departmental budget expectations.
- Be faithful to visit those in the hospital on designated date according to the Pastoral Hospital Visit calendar.
- Allow time for pastoral counseling with those from within the ministries of your department and beyond as needed.
- Lead, Host or Attend a Connect Group.
- Be present for any and all special services and events.
The Connections Pastor's salary will be discussed during the interview process and will depend on the applicant's experience and education. Benefits for this position include three weeks of paid vacation, one week of paid sick leave, three personal days,
a traveling paid birthday holiday, a week + paid vacation at Christmas, other paid holidays and a health insurance stipend.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions, and perform any other job-related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels or knowledge, skills and/or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Resumes may be sent to Courtney Mendoza, Executive Assistant, email@example.com.