Adult Ministries Director
The Adult Ministries Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to the adult ministries at the Christian Life Center. The Adult Ministries Director will also
be responsible for all adult ministry teams, adult spiritual growth and bible literacy, and the development of next generation leaders. Work will get done predominantly through the recruiting, equipping, and mobilizing of volunteers. Leadership and decision
making is typically done in a collaborative, team-based culture throughout the Christian Life Center.
Competencies and Expectations:
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of the Christian Life Center.
- Lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the CLC family.
- Represent Christ and His church well in the community at large.
- Follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being a team player, willing to put the needs of others in front of his/her own.
- Competency and experience in areas of leadership, strategy, project management, organizational structure as well as strong relational abilities.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Organized, reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, excellent at following through on details, and able to coordinate multiple activities.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with supervisor, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Continue pursuit of spiritual, personal and professional growth.
- Become a member of the Christian Life Center church family, which is part of the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians denomination.
Essential Job Functions:
- To provide direction and leadership to the Adult Ministries team:
- Provide strategic leadership and planning initiatives for Adult Ministries.
- Set direction, invest in, support, and develop adult ministry lay leaders.
- Build consensus and integration on and through various adult ministry teams.
- Provide pastoral care and encouragement to Adult Ministries volunteers.
- Responsible for Adult Ministries budget and financial oversight.
- Develop and implement a strategy for recruiting, discipling, and mobilizing young adults to become the next generation leaders.
- Develop and implement a consistent plan of growth in Bible literacy among CLC adults.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with other ministries within the CLC.
- Successfully recruit, train, and motivate volunteers.
- Capable of providing Pastoral Care when needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Seminary degree preferred
- Relevant experience in adult ministry and leadership.
- Reports to Executive Director
- Aligns theologically with Senior Pastor
- Supervises and directs Adult Ministries lay leaders and volunteers.
- Works collaboratively with all areas of ministries within the Christian Life Center
Please contact Dick White for more information: