CrossRoads Church Peosta, Iowa
Worship Leader / Coordinator
Church Size: 150-200 (and growing rapidly)
CrossRoads Church, Peosta (Iowa) is a new interdenominational church and community centered on Jesus Christ and the expansion of His Kingdom in Western Dubuque County, Iowa. We are looking for a part-time worship leader and coordinator for the overall programming
and worship arts experience at the church. This is a new, vibrant and growing church plant launched in September 2014. There is currently one Sunday morning worship service which provides a contemporary worship music experience with a full band. CrossRoads
is looking for a person to share minimally 50% of the worship leading responsibilities for the church (other is volunteer), worship programming and leading at special events (weddings, funerals, outreach, etc.) as needed, in addition to providing general overall
administrative leadership of the worship arts program.
- Oversight of worship arts ministry in a young and growing interdenominational church.
- Up to 20 hours per week role:
- Estimated 5-10 hours per week in administrative coordination of the Worship Arts and associated programming, including band scheduling and rehearsing, worship programming, musician and artist recruitment and training/mentoring, and general administrative
support and leadership of worship arts program(s).
- Up to an additional 10 hours per week when preparing and leading Sunday worship service.
Specific duties and requirements as follows:
- Spiritually and emotionally mature person prepared to provide leadership with integrity through his example of ongoing spiritual growth and devotion to Jesus Christ and His church.
- Gifted musician and leader with a heart for worship and ability to create an authentic congregational worship experience.
- Plans worship services and music selections.
- Ability to authentically lead worship vocally and instrumentally.
- Vocally proficient in lead and harmony.
- Provides instrumental leadership from one or more of the following instruments: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, keyboard (multi-instrument proficiency preferred, electric guitar a must).
- Superior musical skill in at least one musical discipline is required.
- Designs, recruits and rehearses a band, arranging music as necessary to fit the band (charting, band leading, mentoring musically).
- Able to recruit, audition, train, mentor, and retain instrumental and vocal artists.
- Familiarity with and ability to learn, recruit and train for sound, staging, projection, and lighting.
- Familiarity with Planning Center Online, CCLI SongSelect and MediaShout
- Budget and expense management for all aspects of the worship arts ministry.
- Familiarity with church planting, multi-site, creative arts/drama, environment staging and set-design a plus.
- Prior worship leading experience strongly preferred.
- Volunteers and teams in music, technical worship arts (projection, sound, lighting, etc.), and staging. Drama, creative and visual arts a plus.